sit n stand stroller

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I have a three year old who hates to walk. Short and long distances alike. I am also pregnant with my second. My husband and I have looked at the baby trend sit n stand stroller.1) its in our price range 2) it seems very practical for our needs.3) it grows with the kids for years of use.
My question: any moms use one and like or dislike it? We are having a hard time deciding. And if we do decide we want it these is a sit n stand and a sit n stand double. That away both kids have a seat with the double. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Glad u posted this I was thinkn of gettn the sit stand double I don't no any body wit one to ask about it.
  • Does the sit and stand double mean it fits 3 kids?
  • Im getting the sit and stand joovy. For my 2 year old and baby. I tested in the store and it was really nice. I'm taking into consideration that I really won't be using it to much for my toddler because she wants to walk every where but she has a seat when she needs it.
  • I had the sit and stand but it didnt work for me. The child cant fall asleep. Which was a problem for us. Plus the wheels are not good for anything but hard surfaces. I cant remember what brand it was though.
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo I like the idea of the double because if my toddler wants to nap on trips he can but with the original the only option for him is the bench seat. I don't know anyone personally with one either.
    @menemami I also looked at those but found the baby trend double to better fit our needs. My toddler doesn't like to walk much at all. Short trips to the mall or such if could sit on the bench fine so if can get on and off but for longer trips like vacation I think I would like the option of a second seat but I'm not sure.
    @gnrfish73 the double I am talking about holds two but I have read reviews of moms and it working with three.(a child in each seat and a child standing on the platform in back. Why could your child not fall asleep?
  • @due_in_july I know that I have a 3 year old the same way lol I wuld have to have the double to.
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo I just love the options you can choose from.
    1) infant in front toddler in back sleeping
    2) infant in front toddler on the sit n stand bench seat
    3)infant in back and toddler in front.
    I'm just sacred that my toddler will only use the back bench and I should have bought the original one or that if I buy the original one he will wanna sit up front and ill have no where for my baby. I have put a lot of time and thought into this. Prolly too much lol. My toddler doesn't normally nap but on long days out he does so I'm torn.
    What are your thoughts?
  • @due_in_july another stroller I really like is contours options tandem stroller by kolcaft. my only problem with it is that it only hold up to 40 pounds and my 2 year old is big and already 41 pounds. have you checked that one out?
  • @menemami I haven't heard of that one? How does it differ from the baby trend brand? My three year old is very petite
  • I really do like it. The seats are inter changeable they can face out you or.each other. You can remove one seat when you don't needed and the basket is large and I believe you can us a carseat with it. @due_in_july
  • I have the double one bcuz my 2 will b 18m apart... im hoping it was a good investment
  • @due_in_July I had the one with the full seat in front and a bench in the back.
  • @due_in_july definantly go wit the double so u will always have that back seat.
  • I asked someone at zoo n they love it so I'm gettin one just which one lol
  • @menemami where did u get ur kolcraft that's the stroller I was looking but didn't no where to find it so I was gona go wit the sit an stand.
  • edited May 2011
  • @menemami I'm going to look into it thank you
    @roomforonemore yea it def sounds good for you.
    @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo I think I will.
    @mommyof1soontobe2 what age were the children.
  • @menemami thanx I luv it! I jus called them I'm goin to order it.
  • Love love love our sit and stand..many options
  • @kaylin what brand do you have
  • @due_in_july ill have to look when I get home. Target was the only place I could find one
  • @kaylin ok thank you.
    @menemami I looked that stroller up and loved it but didn't Like how when the seat came off there was no bench Like the baby trend brand
  • I have the baby trend sit and stand...I love it...My 8yr who weights 70lbs sits in it...it pushes really well for being a longer stroller...My kids love it just make sure you have a big trunk or a SUV thing is bulky but so worth it...I've had mine 2 yrs and still looks new and we use it weekly...with multiple age kids its a must...I have 8,5,4,2 and due in Sep will be using it a lot :)
  • I'm getting the sit and stand gray mist. i tested it in the store with my 4 yr old and we all loved it. Easy to move around and turn.
  • @due_in_july they should add that feature then it would be perfect.
  • @abby5 what car seat do you use or plan to use with it. I'm torn between a baby trend or graco
    @oavalos06 the gray mist is the single one right? Just one seat and the bench seat. Why did you decide that one vs the one with two seats.
    @menemami my thoughts exactly.
  • @DUE_IN_JULY * I haven't used baby trend car seats I've always used graco...but I will shop around.
  • I have a baby trend sit and stand and love it mine has the option of having two seats or being able to remove the back seat and its the bench and stand part.
  • That way I can add the back seat if my older son wants to lay or nap
  • @abby5 the baby trend seems to fit better or at least you would think. But I have only had graco too so Idk
    @vlynn15 that's the reason I want the double. What car seat do you use with yours