Breech

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
What causes baby to become breech??

Comments

• edited May 2011
    When my little girl was breech I researched it and my info showed a few different things:
    *being in a car for long periods of time without stretching
    *Stress
    *Bad posture
    *hips/pelvis out of place
    *sudden impact/fall to the pelvis/lower back
    *tossing and turning too much at night
    *cord wrapped around neck not allowing baby to turn
    *no activity or very little activity during the pregnancy
    *RARELY your pelvis being too small for baby so they are more comfy breech.

What worked for me to turn her is sitting on a birthing ball every day and rocking on it, walking, and chiropractic care :)
  • I have a bicornuate uterus, so my baby boy is laying breech. He doesn't have a lot of room in there.
  • My baby was breech. I was so sad I just jad a c section Monday and I'm happy he's here and healthy but...I hate myself and the world for taking my home water birth away from me.
  • Oh ok I thought it was something that once it happens theres no changing it.
    @rachelmt21 Im sorry you missed out on that. But him being healthy is what matters most :-)
    @MommyOfTwoPrincesses Thanks for the info! And the birthing ball is the same as a exercise ball, right? Lol
  • Yep same thing hun! :) and you're welcome!
  • Just a warning tjey tried doing an external version on me...it is EXYREMELY painful...at least for me I was in tears and sore for two days. If you have liw amniotic fluid and the baby is bigger then 7 lbs don't do it. My son didn't move an inch. Try the other natural methods.
  • Im 37weeks 2 days and as of now my son is breech. Im really hoping he turns. My doctor recommended no external version.
  • @Beautiful_Altar what is an external version?
  • Sorry im new to all this
  • They try and turn the baby with their hands from the outside. My doc said she's seen too many bad outcomes. @lolasbabynum1
  • @Beautiful_Altar Oh wow :-|
    Hopefully I can prevent it from happening. Im very petite and the doc says my baby is rather small. Im 19wks but I really hope that doesnt happen later on into my pregnancy. I rather have vaginal than c-section.
  • I had an all natural delivery with my first. I would rather have that but whatever is safest im ok with.
  • My sister was I think the term was double breech? Idk...anyway when my mom delivered her she came out butt first to the world and had footprints on her ears for a week.....my mom was like honey I love your sister do not get me wrong but she looked like a monkey LMAO! But anyways everything came out fine and funny enough she iks super flexible.
  • edited May 2011
    @mamaweezy Aww thats so funny and cute lol thats really odd that she had foot prints on her ears
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate Really? Thats good to know. Im just trying to find ways to lower my chances of baby becoming breech