Strep B..... Help.... Info needed....

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
What is it? Im about to have one...

Comments

• They swab the outside of your vag and butthole. Its not as bad as it sounds lol.
  • I have Group B Strep, it is an infection found in & around your vaginal and rectum that you can pass to your child during delivery, so they put you on antibiotics while your in labor to cut down the chances of passing it along to your baby...1 in 4 women are positive
  • yeah i just had mine last week and they only swabbed my vagina. its not uncomfortable or anything. just a light swab they take to get tested
  • the test is fine...if you have it its annoying. i had it with the last 2 kids. you have to have antibiotics for a certain number of hours before delivery, since your hooked up you can't shower or do a whole lot....I didn't like having to be on an IV continuously....if you have an epidural it doens't matter cuz your stuck anyway. Its not a disease that can hurt you, just can make baby sick. I am sure I still have Strep B my test is in 2 weeks.
  • Ok... they did qtip only thru hula... but Im delivering c sec... what is the purpose of it then if bby wont be coming out thru there..
  • I heard it can also be in the placenta but idk if that's true
  • Oh crap... really? Well, ill wait for results... prayn its all good!
  • I have it too. I hav a 19 month old and my labour was only 20 mins with her and im so scared i wont get the antibiotics on time for this baby :-(
  • They let me swab myself which was a bit more comfortable. Had to swab the front 3 times and back 2 times..they said they'll just hook u up to an iv during labor if you have it...it has something to do with stool entering your vag area and I'm guessing it can give baby infection if passed on..