Finally Had My Baby

edited May 2011 in Birth Stories
i had my baby on may 15th which was sunday due date was may 23rd i tried castor oil only took a little on saturday and had sex that night at 2 in the morning i started having contractions . I never had contractions like that during my whole pregnancy so i thought it could be the real thing then at about 415 i felt something leaking , it was coming slowly but wouldnt stop i wasnt sure if it was my water since i had sex earlier but hours had passed so i woke up my bf and bestfriend and went to the hospital they checked me and i was 3-4 cms and they tested my water and said it had broken . they admitted me at about 5am on sunday morning then it just took forever the doc said my water hadnt fully broken so he broke it then i went to 7 cms and stayed there they gave me potocine and i even got to try to push but the doc said i could be pushing for hours and still no progress the baby just kept going right back up so after talking i got a csection and it was scary i cried. I felt alot of pressure and the recovery was not good at all. I had an illeus which backed up my intestines and i couldnt pass gas so i couldnt eat or drink for 24hrs then the next day i started to pass gas and was able to go home . Let me just say it was very painful but i look at my son and couldnt be any more happier.

btw i did get an epidural
i stayed from sunday-thursday in the hospital
my son was 7 lbs 11 ounces 20 inches :)

Comments