shivering uncontrollably (UPDATE AT TOP)

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
This is the 3rd or 4th time its happened. I called my doc but of course busy have to wait for call back :-W I wake up shivering like im ice cold....but I don't feel that cold. Its so bad I can't get out of bed and if I drink too much the shaking makes me get sick. I wrap myself in blankets and try to breathe through it. Has anybody been through this? Like I said I called my doc....but im kinda scared :-ss

**Well like I said they said it was just stress and hormones, but when I was being questioned they asked about fevers and I told them after everytime I shake I run a fever for a little and I had one all day yesterday. They took my temp and ignored what I said since it was normal and since I didn't take my own temp when I had the fevers. X( well I took my temp now since I feel like I have a cold and its 100.8. Hubby and I are monitoring for a few hours, but if it doesn't go away should I go back in? I feel like this is their fault for ignoring me**

Comments

• That happened to me when I was in labor during my c section and right after. And now it happens when I think of my labor or c swction. Idk wat it could be. :/
  • @maymommy11 I heard it happens during labor.....but that's not the case now. And oh man don't think about it!!! Its awful.
  • Ya during my c section my fiance had to hold down my arms I was shaking so bad
  • @maymommy11 omg......that's what happens now...I hope it doesn't happen during labor. The docs didn't say anything about it?
  • its been happening to be extremely cold but hot and sweaty at the same time. so weird!
  • they told me it was normal during labor. Has your dr called back? How far are you now?
  • @blessed1508 im freezing and I feel cold. And then when it passes im burning hot.

@maymommy11 no. Im calling again in a few. My husband called and they might want me to come in today or tomorrow. Ill be 35 weeks tomorrow
  • Well they weren't very helpful. They told me to come to l&d when I can
  • @ncoughlin08 I am going. But my husband is the only one who drives and he's at work. He's commander wont let him leave. So were going first thing when he gets home or in the am
  • My niece was going through this and it ended up the baby was pushing on her kidneys and they were bruised. She had a fever also with it, but was also shaking uncontrollably. Hope your ok!
  • @lisamarie I didn't know they could do that!!! Me too. Im optimistic though :)
  • Do you have a fever?
  • @mommyo3soon2b4 I don't atm. But I do after the shivering stops, it passes fast though. I shake for close to an hour and my body is covered in goosebumps. And when it stops I start sweating really bad
  • Oh I hope you can get there soon!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That happened to me a while ago. Dont know what it was but the only thing that got me to stop was that my husband held me and calmed me down until I feel asleep. I wasn't even cold though it was weird.
  • edited June 2011
    :-S
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate I read that it could be a kidney infection.....yeah it only happens in the morning for some odd reason.
    @garagebandfan my body acts like its cold but I dont feel cold. I made my hubby come in the other day and hold me. I tried to get him to hold me still cause my muscles were starting to cramp from it. He's freaked out now.
    @mommyo3soon2b4 wow. I mean I know it can happen, but im trying to be optimistic that its nothing to serious. Plus im only 35 weeks. I am def going, but can't till the am. I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks for the help :)
  • I did that with my first c-section with my second I didn't shake I just inched extremely bad! But with my first I couldn't control it I was shaking so bad.
  • Sorry...I wasn't at all trying to scare you or say that could be it. I just worry when mommy's have crazy symptoms and sometimes type before I think. I just want you to be safe.
  • @mommyo3soon2b4 oh no your fine. I like hearing peoples personal experiences. I was just saying im trying to be optimistic about it since my hubby is the one freaking out lol. It makes me relax knowing someone had something similar happen even if its not the same :)
  • Okay...I just didn't want to upset you. It doesn't sound like it is the same thing...mine came on quite suddenly and wouldn't stop. I think it was caused by a fever. I hope you get some answers soon;-)
  • I had that but I ignored it. I apso got really bad hot flashes.
  • I think you should talk to a doctor.
  • I had this it was my kidneys. Baby was kicking them to much n hurting me ...that was my last pregnancy I hope this one dnt do it I'm already 33 wks n no sign of it this time around ...hope u feel better sweety n keep us updated ??????
  • @KrazymomofAdrian well im hot all the time lol. And the nc weather doesn't help any. I am tomorrow. First thing in the morning
    @Babyluv_3 my mom thinks it might be my kidneys. Can they do anything if it is the baby pummeling my organs lol. I hope you don't this time!! Thanks :)
  • Lol that if why I can't be pteggo in the summer.
  • No There's nthing they can do they gave me pain meds n told to keep drinking plenty of water but what sucks is after I had baby my kidneys stayed messed up :( but got better in time. They said it would have to heal cuz basiclly baby was beating me up ...
  • I never realized it could be your kidneys. Im currently in the hospital because of kidney problems, never told my doctor about the shivering I experienced but I will tell one of my nurses next time they check vitals and let you know if they think it can be related
  • If it is your kidneys they make you stay at the hospital and give you antibiotics. My niece had the option of getting a stint put in her kidney to relieve the pressure from the baby. But she didn't want to risk hurting the baby so she took antibiotics and vicodin until her little one was born.