when will i hear the heartbeat?

edited February 2011 in First Trimester
I had my first u/s at 5 weeks and of course I wasn't able to hear the heartbeat my next appt is this Friday I will be 7 weeks ago will I be able to hear the heartbeat by then I'm getting so impatient :/

Comments

• I meant along not ago lol
  • You wont be able to here it til 10 weeks
  • oh really dang I read some people heard it at 8...
  • I got to see it on the u/s at a little over 9 weeks
  • I probably wont get to hear it till my next appointment ill be a little over 13 weeks
  • I seen the heart pumping at 8 so u might beable to..... I didn't hear it until I was 15 wks cuz of insurance purposes
  • I heard mine at 6 weeks. Ultrasound tech in the ER let me hear..
  • I saw mine in the ultrasound at 10 weeks, and heard it at 11.
  • I just had my first u/s yesterday and I was exactly 7 weeks and we heard and saw the heartbeat loud and clear. It also depends on how updated the u/s equipment is. The one my doctor uses is pretty amazing.
  • I know my doctor tells me that usually you wont hear the babies heartbeat until atleast 10 weeks. What your hearing before that is prolly just yours. Seen it on the us scan at 8 weeks & got to hear it at 13 weeks.
  • My first appointment is today!!!! Im 10 weeks and I can't wait to see the heartbeat!!!!!!
  • Also, Just remember that everyone woman is different. So many things play a factor in determining what you hear or see. It depends on how thin or round you are. The thinner you are the easier it is to see pictures and hear things.Every doctor is also different and some don't even try to hear it early on. Another factor is their skill in finding and listening to what they need to. No dates or numbers are set in stone, they are only something to go by.
    My doctor uses a program that separates baby heartbeat from mothers heartbeat and then you get to see each one separately.
    Good luck!!!
  • @Jwigs Good luck! You will love it.
  • Thank you for posting that question I was wondering that as well im 5 weeks as well! Congrats!!
  • Mine was heard transvaginally if that clarifies my hearing it at 6 wks
  • I just had my first ultrasound yesterday,through a vaginal ultrasound I got to hear the heartbeat :) I'm eight weeks
  • I had my ultrasound yesterday vaginally and saw the heartbeat didn't hear it. I'm at 7 weeks
  • I heard the heartbeat for the first time when I was 5 weeks and 6days. Through a vaginal probe. It was amazing.
  • With a vaginal ultrasound there is a good chance you'll hear it at 7 weeks. With the doppler on your belly, it takes longer. I heard my son's faintly at 10 weeks but much stronger and clearer at 12. I'm 10 weeks now and I have an ultrasound Wed. so I'm so excited!
  • Thank you so much for the comments well I'm pretty thin so maybe ill be able to hear but this one doctor only has the kind that goes over the belly but no that I have my insurance ill be picking I new one for sure