Britax Convertible Car seats

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I know they are on the pricey side ($300) But when you figure that they are both a stage 1 rear facing seat and a stage 2 front facing seat ..I think that they are worth it. I was just wondering if anyone here has used one and if they can offer some insight into how easy they are to install, and if the fabric held up well.

Thanks Ladies!!! (And I promise not to yell at you if you can answer my question lol)

Comments

• The britax brand is on sale at target...tomorrow is the last day. You can buy them online and its free shipping. I have never used one but after finding out that they were on sale I researched a little and people had nothing but nice things to say....I plan on getting the britax marathon it sits kids up to 65 pounds.
  • I think ill be getting one too..because all the great reviews :) and yes it will last longer too..
  • Ya I saw that one today, but I was on the Britax website and the lower end model doesnt have a removable cover, and I think that would be necessary to keep it looking nice for an extended period of time. My husband wants the Advocate 70CS model because it has all the safety features, and I found some good deals with free shipping on Diapers.com.
  • I am on target now and the britax marathon classic is sold out....booooo! I am going to look at the advocate model....I didn't even think about the removable cover....and that is important bc these chairs get filthy.
  • When I was at my target they had the britax marathon in stock on the shelf...so if thats the model you want ..you might want to check the stores in your area @ash1la . Ya the removable cover is what did it in for me and that model lol...O ya and my hubby was just on the britax website and they sell one in a Cow print and he has decided that is the print we are getting lol...
  • Thanks for th heads up....they are cheaper on Amazon...so scratch target. I think I M going to get the britax marathon 70 convertible in red.
  • Britax is high on the saftey reviews because they crash test their car seats at a high mph than all the other brands. I worked in a store that sold Britax and we had a rep. Come in. My hubby and I have the marathon in our cars and it has been great!
  • I think they are great carseats but from personal experience you need a larger car. Espeacially with rear facing these carseats are pretty big. I also deffinately suggest getting one witgh a removeable cover easy to clean is a very good thing.
  • Try albeebaby.com . Britax is all I'll buy, especially after I was in a car accident with my 2 year old while she was in one and she didn't even know it happened. Its the only brand I trust. My husbands a firefighter/emt and from his experience they are amazing
  • Thanks for all the input ladies!! @snreda i sm def gonna check out that site!!
  • I got 2 marathons for 100$ off each, and its free shipping and I got them within 3 days.
  • Thanks @snreda I checked out the website......I bought the britax marathon 70 convertible at amazon for the same price as albeebaby with free shipping. Glad its the same or I would have been returning it back to Amazon for the better price.

Now what about infant seats...I have read a lot of reviews on the Britax infant and most were bad...I did some research on consumer website and people seem to like the snugglefit I think it was by gracco and the keyfit30 by chicco. I went on and bought the keyfit30 travel system has anybody used any of the two. Thanks
  • We have an Alpha Omega Elite... half the price and work just as well as the Britax.
  • @ash1la the Britax convertible is for starting at 5lbs rear facing...so its perfect for an infant....why would you need another carseat?

• I don't know...I look at how big it is and feel more comfortable sitting an infant in an actual infant seat. Maybe its bc that's what I am used to, and it was more reasonable to buy both than just the stroller. But you make a good point....
  • I saw the convertible carseats and I think they're really cool, but it didn't look like you were able to carry them around like an infant carrier? I was thinking, especially because it will be cold and wintery shortly after my baby is born, I don't want to ALWAYS take her out of the carseat if we go to the store or anywhere for that matter. So if that's the case, what ideas do you ladies have that would allow the same type of mobility? Or would you just have to get an infant carrier?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A lot of people like the infant seats because if baby falls asleep in the car, you don't have to wake them up to bring them in the house and it's more convenient for grocery shopping and restaurants before baby is big enough to sit up on it's own. Its also easier to strap them into inside the house, esp if you don't have a garage and the weather is bad. I hated lugging that thing around though, so I stopped using it as soon as she could sit on her own and I would use my front pack for shopping. @ash1la
  • All good points ladies! Didnt consider that! Hmmm...who knew picking a carseat would be so much work lol
  • I agree with all of you...I have always done it that way. Infant seat and then when they grew out of it convertible seat....their is definitely a convince to it when the baby is sleep or going for quick errands. I bought both last night, they were both on sale. So I am super excited!
  • I just found the britax travel system (both stroller and infant seat in the cow print) on albeebaby.com for $329! Thats like 40% off and that site has free shipping! Woo Hoo! Thanks for all your help ladies!