What I Learned This First Week

-- That sometimes babies will get SO frustrated that they forget that theyre hungry.

-- That my left boob is bigger than my right boob, and that was accentuated when my milk came in.

-- That it is totally normal to be even more hormonal than I was during pregnancy.

-- That breastfeeding is not automatically easy for everyone, but we get a little better every time we do it.

-- That its best to give a dirty diaper at least 10 minutes. Trust me, hes usually not done pooping.

-- That a wipe over his boy bits at the beginning of a diaper change results in less pee on everybody.

-- That sleep sacks are awesome.

Comments

• LMAO!... the waiting 10 minutes on a diaper is SO true! I thought I was being a great mommy by dutifully jumping right up to change my daughter; it took being pooped on several times & re-changing her about two dozen times less than 10 minutes later to realize it wasn't cruel to wait until I was sure she was done! ;)
  • good lessons
  • Yeaaah...Im just trying to minimize mess at this point, and when he poops in the middle of a changing, it goes EVERYWHERE. Me, him, diaper, changing pad, onesie...lord.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wats a sleep sack?
  • So true about the wipe over the baby boys water gun, I realized that real fast when I changed his clothes 4 times w every changing.. lol.
    And def true w the poo diapers too. I caught some in a wipe yesterday, thank goodness I had it there n ready.. haha
  • Hahah these made me smile! I cant wait to welcome our little boy!
  • Haha I totally have the same boob problem.. not cool.. and agree with the waiting to change/wipe over the boy parts.. I changed all of our sheets, his blankets and his clothes as a result of being to lazy to get out of bed in the middle or the night :( blowout!!