SAHM.. how do you make money

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I just lost my job and i'm 4months preg, I'm looking for ways to make money from home other then babysitting. If you have suggestions or ideas please let me know

Comments

• Me to. I'm home with my son and still plan to be home once number two gets here.
  • Medical coding? I heard that you can make decent $..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm trying my best to make a small business with my knitting and crocheting hobby. I don't think I'm doing very well with advertising though, so it hasn't been taking off. I see a lot of SAHM making crafts and selling them online, though; things like bows/headbands, pillowcase dresses, etc.
  • @Viviya get on etsy.com and you can sell crafts from there.
  • @headersue I put an already made baby blanket on there almost two months ago to see if it was worth my money for the postings...so far, no bites. :(
  • Aww, I want a crocheted blanket for my little love! I just haven't seen any I like!
  • @caroline8_p I do requests if you're interested. :) Feel free to PM me and we can talk ideas if you like, or you can see what I've done so far at www.facebook.com/1stitchatatime
  • I am gunna check it out! Thanks @viviya
  • @mshahir I'm with you on that.lol
  • @caroline8_p You're welcome! Heads up, though - pretty much all of the blankets I have on there right now were knitted. For some reason I get more requests for knitted blankets than I do anything else!
  • lmfao @mshahir ! im still wokring but soon ill be saying the same thing!

@viviya my sister in law makes little costumes for little girls like tutus and whatnot and her friend makes cloth diapers and diaper bagsshe making me one now :) and my issiter in law started her own daycare but she just finished school for that but it doesnt take long to be certified.

i honestly still dont know what im going to do when i have to quit.
  • I sell for a company named celebrating home but if you don't want to get in the home party business, selling crafts is great just takes a while to get started!
  • @viviya really when i started googling, I google for knitted blankets.. but honestly i don't know the difference? I just want it to be pretty and last til forever. lol
  • @kdaniels That's awesome! :D The thing that makes me sad about crafting is that you can't really make but so much for boys and two out of three of my children are boys. My daughter is my oldest and can't wear the cute little pillowcase dresses or the little headbands.
  • oh yep.. I like the knitting better. lol.. I want a tight knit blanket. @viviya
  • @caroline8_p Okay, wanna go ahead and PM me so we can talk details on what you would like? Or would you prefer I PM you?
  • I have to decide colors and pattern if any with the daddy, but he's at work till almost 11pm. :/ I already liked your page on fb, so as soon as we talk and are ready I will deff let you know! @viviya
  • @caroline8_p Sounds good to me! :D Best way to let me know is to email me at the address in the FB page's information, but I can also keep an eye out for a PM on here and posting on the FB wall is fine, too. :)
  • EBay & Craigslist. Was selling Avon but moved to a town I hardly know anyone. I Also bake cakes around holidays.
  • I tutor extremely part time (I used to be a teacher) it pays well but can be sporadic. I also crochet super cute baby hats, tutus, and flower hair bands. Its more of a hobby at this point. But I would love to have a boutique someday.
    @vivaya....it can be hard to advertise. I even printed up cards
  • the only problem with doing crafts to sell is that you have to put in money to make money and I have none. I have been trying to to look for babysitting jobs on craigslist but not really finding anything.
  • here's a nonconventional approach i took. i made it my duty to save money. i read a the book "miserly moms" and it was/ is awesome! ways to save money. or use your items more efficiently. whatever is on sale, you have coupons for sale, etc is how you choose what meals you will make for the family. making your own snacks, instead of buying everything prepackaged. where to cut bills, etc.
  • I get food stamps.
  • Do you have any crafty hobbies?