Homemade Funnel Cakes...yummy!!

Okay, so I absolutely adore this time of year, because the State Fair and the Carnival roll in and I get funnel cakes. It's been so hot here, lately, that I just can't talk myself into going to get one...I'm way too miserable. I thought that it was super sweet that my Hubby-to-Be made me my favorite...Strawberries-n-Cream topped funnel cakes are simply wonderful. (: It's probably not intelligent to eat right before I get ready for bed, though.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Will you guys marry me? Ill leave my husband as long as you guys keep the funnel cakes and powder sugar coming!! :)

Lol
  • Omg, sounds so good!!
  • That sounds so freaking delish.... I wnt some...
  • Omg funny how you post that comment my boyfriend made those for me the other day they were so good ...
  • Yummy you need to post your recipe!!! I would love a funnel cake right now!
  • No ihop?? They have funnel cakes.
  • Recipe please lol. Ive been talking bout them to my bd and he has noooooo idea what they are.
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife Absolutely(: :p they are absolutely amazing!! I don't know what I'd do without him.

I'd be more than happy to share the recipe; they're super easy to make.
    Ingredients:
    8 cups vegetable oil for frying
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 eggs
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup confectioners' sugar

***MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FUNNEL!!!***

Directions:
    In a deep-fryer, or heavy skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, beat milk and eggs together. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the egg mixture until smooth.
    While covering the funnel hole with one hand, pour in 1 cup of batter. Start from the center in a swirling motion to make a 6 or 7 inch round. Fry on both sides until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.

Strawberry Topping:

Ingredients:
    1 pint strawberries, cleaned and stemmed
    1/3 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
    Cut about 1/3 of the strawberries in half. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. In a blender, puree about 1/3 of sauce, then mix back into remainder. Store in refrigerator.

Enjoy!!

• OMGoodness! That sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Sure will try it and soon! Too bad its late right now or else I'd make some, lol. I'm a sucker for sweets. Thanks again for sharing.
  • @melinda326 Haha! They are heavenly(: & you're more than welcome! I'm always willing to share....especially when it comes to simple recipes that I just can't get enough of. My Hubby-to-Be was up making these for me at midnight or a little after (last night) and they were out of this world...
    He added cinnamon to mine, because it's one of my favorites, but not everyone likes stuff like that.

***In place of the strawberry topping, you can use Chocolate, which is wonderful***

Ingredients
    3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    3 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon light corn syrup
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
    In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
    Spread warm glaze over top of cake & enjoy!!

( Don't have a double boiler, place a heat resistant bowl over a pot of boiling water. Make sure the water DOES NOT touch the bottom of the bowl. )

• I LOVE YOU!!!!! :)
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife haha(: I'm guessing sharing the secret was a good thing(:
    These are absolutely amazing; that's all there is to it!! I hate having to wait until the Carnival/Fair comes rolling in to get them, so we worked on a basic idea of how to make them work and they are beyond yummy!!
    Enjoy(:
  • I can't wait...you saved me $$ bc I was gonna pay to go to carowinds just to get funnel cakes lol
  • @monkeysmommy2011 omg!! Thank you! Your amazing :X
  • To the market I go
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife Haha. I usually wait for the State Fair to come in, but I figured, why go if I can make my own and eat them while they're hot??

@lalalorree (: Well thank you! I try...! lol Hope you enjoy them!!

@mz_hejohnson I hope you enjoy them! I think they're absolutely wonderful! The chocolate seems to be the way to go while pregnant! They're yummy!!
  • Omg! I would love some. I like mine with vanilla ice cream n caramel drizzled on top
  • @marriedwith_4 I think that would be awesome on these, as well!! Yummy(:

Hubby-to-Be fixed these for breakfast one with with cinnamon, peaches, & ice cream which was amazing!! That's what makes this recipe fun---especially if there are kids in the home. You can put just about any sweet topping that you like on them and they're still absolutely fabulous!!
  • Omg I can't wait to try it
  • @monkeysmommy2011 you rock! My two older boys were really hoping you wouldn't post that recipe! Thank you!