...yummy desserts??

Ok, ladies...I shared a recipe for funnel cakes as a quick and easy dessert/late-night snack, but tonight, I'm in the mood for something different. I've hit every cookbook in my house and NOTHING jumps out at me. I'm looking for something that's sweet and heavenly. I don't want something that's massively difficult to make or that's extremely time consuming. Hubby-to-Be and I are having Mommy/Daddy Night at home, with some of our favorite shows and a snack....we just don't know what.

Anyone have some tasty dessert recipes that they don't mind sharing??

Comments

• This is an easy recipe but You have to make a day ahead it is an eclair torte let me know if you want the recipe.
  • @mom60511 I'm up for any recipes that anyone is willing to share; I can always make a little something extra to save for another night(: My pregnancy has me eating constantly, and Summertime is my favorite excuse for sweets(:
  • I made my aunts famous chocolate chip cookies tonight. Nothing fancy, but Damn good. I can post if you're looking for a good choc chip cookie recipe
  • @alilboulding Sounds wonderful!! (:
  • My husband loves fritos covered with scotcheroo mix when we have a movie date night in. So salty sweet peanut buttery :)
  • @onemoreontheway Omg. Sounds wonderful!! I love sweet/salty. PeanutBuster Parfaits from the local ice cream shop are oh, so good!!
    (: Thanks
  • Ritz crackers with peanut butter sandwich dipped in choc. My grandma makes this! Or!! Better than sex cake...
  • I made rice pudding yesterday...it was fabulous we finished it last night!! Take about 2 cups of rice (cooked) about 2 cups of water, 1 cup sugar (or splenda) tsp nutmeg, pinch of powdered ginger, 1 small box white chocolate pudding stir until heated and bubbling. Yum yummm!!! We devoured it!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • allrecipes.com Chocolate Eclaire Torte and the first review had a recipe gpr Outbacks chocolate sauce. Both are very good and easy.
  • @alilboulding share your recipe please.
  • I don't have a recipe but I did see a commercial last night for red velvet ice cream with chunks of red velvet cake by blue bunny that I'm gonna try to find today.
  • I looove oreo balls!! http://www.food.com/recipe/oreo-balls-52035 theyre a little rich but oh so good:) but my go-to on date night is always white chocolate covered strawberries! Theyre my favorite
  • Ladies, these all sound wonderful! They're definitely something that I'll have to look into! Oreos are a favorite in my house, so any recipe concerning them is definitely worth trying; just to get something aside from regular oreo cookies.

Unfortunately, it's looking like some of them are going to have to wait for another day; I'm feeling extra icky today and don't have the "Umph" to get up and do much of anything...*sigh* maybe Hubby-to-Be will feel like helping when he comes home from work; one can dream, I suppose.
  • I didn't get this recipe until I was married. It's soo soo good.

"Aunt Karen's" Choc Chip Cookies
    1 stick butter
    1/2 cup Crisco
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    3/4 sugar
    2 eggs
    2 1/4 cup flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 bag Nestle mini choc chips
    1/2-1 cup of coconut flakes

-Cream butter, crisco and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs.
    -Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to sugar mixture.
    -Mix in vanilla, coconut and choc chips.
    -Make rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets.
    -Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes. They won't look quite done. Let sit for 1 minute before removing to cooling racks.
  • @alilboulding Mmmm. those sound wonderful...then again, anything with coconut sounds absolutely yummy! Thanks
  • Here is an AWESOME ice cream one that takes like 5 minutes! Kids love this one too!

1 box ice cream sandwiches (12 pack)
    1 jar carmel ice cream topper (like smuckers)
    1 tub of cool whip (a little thawed)
    1 package of Heath bits (crushed Heath bars, by the choc. chips)

*Layer the ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of a pan (regular cake pan size), pour the jar of caramel over the ice cream sandwiches (I put the jar in the microwave for like 20 sec. just to soften it up), spread the cool whip over the caramel, and top with the crushed Heath bits!
    It is amazing, and it tastes like a fancy ice cream desert, no one ever know that it;s just ice cream sandwiches! ;-)
    Yum, now I want some!
  • @baileygoose OMG!! That sounds absolutely wonderful(: My mom is stopping by the house on her way home from work with Ice Cream Sandwiches and the crushed Heath bars...since I already have the Caramel topping; it's a favorite for Vanilla Bean ice cream around here :p
    I wonder if it would be any good with a little bit of Caramel & Chocolate drizzled on top, too?? Maybe with a cherry?? Yummy!!
  • @monkeysmommy2011 Ohhh that would be good too! Don't forget the cool whip! Let me know if you guys like it!