Hands above ur head

edited June 2011 in First time moms
So iv heard about 10 xs this week from random ppl that putting ur hands above ur head causes the umbilicord to get wrappd around the babies neck... I at first thought it was just an old wives tale but after being told so many times im really wondering. Im sure tat if it was true this is something my doct would have warnd me about. at work my arms are always above my head grabbing things. someone plz tell me im being crazy for starting to worry

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • my aunt told me that and it really did scare me to but l also believe the dr would have said something if it was true.
  • I stretch above my head all the time and my first baby never had his cord around his neck and so far in all my ultrasounds this once hasn't either. It just happens you didn't do anything that causes it.
  • thats nice to know :) :) :)
  • I always stretch and sleep with my arms above my head.but what does your arms over your head have to so with something inside of you?? :/wtf?
  • Tats wat I thought at first how could they b related in anyway bt after being told so many times just startd to wonder if I was the crazy one bt thank u fr the reassurance
  • Its an old wives tale, its not true.
  • My very first ob warned me about that. Now this ob says its a big fat myth! Idk
  • I just dnt think it has to do wth arms above ur head n rather that things happen n baby moves around so much really think if stretching ur arms above ur head was the cause every mother to b would know about this... Deff going to mention this at my next apt tho bc im really curious
  • I asked my doc how to prevent the cord from wrapping and she said you can't prevent it.its just something that happens.but I never had anyone tell me this.I read about it on forums.its kind of funny what people say.I once read where this woman would believe her grandma over a doctor.lol and then said got mad when women were laughing at her.
  • I had someone tell me that her dr told me this.. mine hasnt, and i also read that throughout a lot of the pregnancy, the cord is slippery on purpose..