razor burn prevention/cures??? help it hurts!!!

edited June 2011 in Health
So the times I feel like shaving my vajay are few and far between. Not only is it super difficult cuz I can barely see it, but ever since I've been pregnant I get HORRIBLE razor burn everytime no matter how careful I am. I trim it down first with beard trimmers so I don't have to go over it as much but it doesn't help. First it itches like crazy, then it hurts so bad I don't wanna wear underwear. I tried hydrocortisone cream, and even antibiotic pain relieving cream but nothing helps. I use a Venus razor and hair mask cuz its so concentrated lol its what I've always done but pregnancy has done something to me down there lol

Comments

• I have no Idea but i seem to be having the same problem my skin is super sensitive now. Hope someone has a suggestion.
  • I have the same problem the only thing that helps me is using the intuition razor that has the lathering bar around it I use sensitive skin wit aloe.
  • I have been told to use a dry stick deoderent scentless down there and to apply it after shaving... this was told to me by someone who worked as a stripper and she said everyone who she worked with did this.
    I have yet to try it lol but I'm tempted too
  • @starrxoxo9
    @rosiepie
    @mrz_jackson2anpreggo

Aloe Vera! And you can buy it in a bottle from stores but I prefer getting it from the source on the actual plant.

Oh how I wish that I could have a like...natural remedy seminar for pregnant moms or people wanting to get in touch with nature. I love pregnant women.
  • @tuey definitely try that. Thanx!
  • @tuey u should start a thread with some of your favorites.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @littlefae I've heard that too, and I've tried my regular deodorant (secret) but it didn't work. It does work however, if your thighs rub together, that was an experiment gone right! Lmao

@teuy I really need to get an aloe plant its like the miracle cure for everything!! I know they sell them at home depot. I could use some on this stupid burn on my foot too. I dropped a 220 degree curling iron on my foot today at work lol
  • @simplyraven22406 I got a Brazilian once Omg it hurt so bad I could hardly breathe!!
  • I don't shave! I have a special comb n scissors & I trim once a week n I'm good
  • @marriedwith_4 well mine grows out onto my legs a little...not real attractive when wearing a bathing suit lol!!
  • U need a good scrub.. try sugar with witch hazel .. make into a paste. I use Body Shop coco butter scrub. Helps lift the dead skin and makes skin sift! Try the bikini wash/ shave gel.. it works really well and make sure u have a good razor. U might be allergic to the razor ur using..
  • They make this stuff called coochie/coochy not sure of the spelling rright now but you can get it at a sex shop or online it keeps you from getting razor burn and its good for other uses too.i went to a romance party and it was one of the things they showed i have yet to buy some although i Really want to! And not to mention they smell Awesome! You can try pureromance.com
  • I dont like women razors, I use men razors, I use the good ones n tge ones that r non disposable, I even shave with jus water n works great for me
  • I just lotion up when I get out of the bath or shower, always use an unscented lotion for sensitive skin! Wear a pair of comfortable cotton panties that day after you've shaven & lotioned up, the outcome should be little to no razor burn!
  • edited June 2011
    you have to get bikini zone medicatecd after shave gel.. don't get the lotion just use the gel.. i have really sensitive skin and i get horrible bumps and it burns but when i use this stuff it really helps.. put it on the area ur going to shave like a week before u shave it and then keep putting it on after uve already shaved.. it smells pretty bad though but it works.. and it's not just for ur bikini area i put it on my legs too.. u can buy it at any drug store or walmart
  • @momma_tiffay that's pretty close to my normal routine, but I think being prego has made me ultra sensitive because its not working anymore

@bebita86 I've seen that and always wondered if it worked, thanks!
  • Oh wow, idk what I'd do if my skin got any more sensitive than it already is. :/ I hope you find something that works for you!
  • @momma_tiffay thanks! It's weird cuz it was never this sensitive before
  • I used to use stick deodorant also.. let it air dry first, really good, then put it on there.
  • Before starting to shave use either a thick conditioner or cocoa butter and let it soak into your skin a bit then shave it works like a dream
  • Talcome powder now. Or aveno baby for extra dry skin they have oatmeal bath stuff. I found u don't shave against hair like up , I shave with hair down never up. Go from down to side on angle left to right still goin down. Right side to left still down. U get closer cut and no burn or in grown hairs. No pulling
  • @maybe8thtimesacharm I usually use hair mask, but I've never tried cocoa butter before only after..I'll try that

@mommyto1soontob2 lol if I could see what I was doing I would try that but these days I'm lucky to even get all the hair off lol
  • Jus shave down u will get it all I do. Easier and u won't get cut. It's safer to not see. Shave like a ^ in tht shape u won't go wrong