i have engorage breast help!!!

edited June 2011 in Breastfeeding
It hurts soo bad n to make things worst I hit my breast with the car door so it feels more sored...ugh help!!!"

Comments

• Are you actually breastfeeding baby? I pump mine to relieve the pressure.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine started hardening yesterday but I kept feeding and massaging it and it is all better. If u are feeding, use warm compresses on them and try to feed as often as possible or try pumping for relief.

Also while baby feeds, massage the breast during the feeding.. that helped me big time!

Good luck :(
  • I am breastfeeding. I just pump but not a lot of milk came out like usually
    my breast feel super sored:/
    I have huge boobs:(
  • When I pump or nurse I massage them. Milk comes shooting out!! They soften up and feel a million times better. I make way more milk than my little preemie can drink. Mine get rock hard and start leaking if I don't pump.
  • If they won't release milk when u pump u can get in the shower until they trickle and then pump but that will increase ur milk supply. Or you can ice them...my fav way to do that is to freeze two damp washclothes. They will be cool and flexible when they thaw a little.
  • unfortunately until they relax a bit it will be this way. put really warm wash cloths on the nipples and over your breasts, this can help your milk to let down. along with nursing, pumping, tylenol and warm showers.
  • One word: CABBAGE place it in the fridge and as soon as its chilled take some leaves off and place over nipples it soaks up the milk and soothes you
  • warm shower.. i pumped while nurseing.. one side lol.. it comes out easier
  • Hey sugar hunny ice T! @bri2186
  • Try massaging them and using a warm compress on them as you pump. It helped me to cuddle my baby sometimes while I pumped too.