31 weeks 3 days & baby moving TONS!

Everything I read and my midwives tell me that by this time, babies should be settled down and the rolls should not be as frequent. Not my little girl!!! They said shes been head down since 18 weeks but I haven't felt kicks in my ribs or anything thank God but it seems she never sleeps. She's constantly rolling around and she's on my right side. So when I place my hand to the right of my belly button, her little butt lifts up and fills my palm. :-D I love it but was just wondering if all this movement is normal at this stage? Better moving than not, I know but I was just curious. :)

Comments

• @babyComingSoon143
    I would say the same as long as shes moving! I get scared when I can't feel my baby girl moving around a whole day! So I think it's better she moves alot then not at all;)
  • @mumsie26 Yeah I love it when she's all over just didn't know if its normal. Lol :)
  • edited June 2011
    I'm 32 weeks and my boy is moving like crazy, in fact I feel like he moves more now than before! :p
  • @ahuyser oh good! I know its crazy to be concerned about too much movement but with everyone sayin it should be the opposite, I couldn't help but wonder. :)
  • I was wondering the same thing I'm 32w and it seems like she never stops moving
  • I'm 39+5 and my girl is still a big mover, and has been since about 28 weeks. I don't think its a problem. They're just strong and active!!
  • Im almost 33 weeks and my lil man moves big time. In fact I was sitting on the couch and my fiancee saw my stomach bouncing up and down from across the room. He compared it to a scene from alien, lol
  • @natashalynn strong and active is wonderful!!! My little girl was a mover even on her 9 wk ultrasound. Lol I'm not complaining at all. When are you due? :)

@littlebuddy0811
    Haha men are so funny with the way they think and the things they compare it to. :) when is your due date? I'm due 8/5
  • @BabyComingSoon143 my little girl was the same way. at our gender ultrasound at 20 weeks, she moved so much that the tech couldnt get accurate measurements. it took us almost 2.5 hrs to do what should of been done in about 45 minutes lol. and even now, she's an active kicker/squirmer/flip-flopper haha i complained about it once, (like got REALLY upset) and the next day she barely moved. i ended up crying and freaking out cause i couldn't feel her, so i definitely would rather have too much movement, than not enough!!!
    i'm due june 9th. how about you?!
  • @natashalynn haha I'm right there with you! She wouldn't stop and I got real upset and when she wouldn't move, I was like "oh my god!!!! This isn't normal!" And was spazzing out. Haha now I'm happy she's moving was just makin sure its a normal thing. :) I'm due august 5 but hoping she'll come a little early sense she's bigger than normal too.
  • Usually at 31 weeks ur baby still has room to move around in. Usuallly when ur 36, 37 etc.. weeks along is when there room is very very limited, unless ur having a big baby. I'm almost 38 weeks and he moves like crazy. It seem the less room he has, the more pissed off he gets and takes it out on me, lol but I guess it really depends on the person and every pregnancy is different. I'm glad he still moves like crazy, cuz it shows me he is strong and active, he jus can't do flips and summersaults in my tummy no more, cuz he has no room.
  • I'm right with you I'm 31 weeks today and my little girl moves like crazy she was breech last we saw I'm not sure if she still is or not
  • @BabyComingSoon143 i'm due july 28th with my 2nd boy! How are you doing with the summer while pregnant? I am so hot all the time, lol
  • @LittleBuddy0811 Congrats with your boy!!! I took the intelligender test and all the online surveys and they all said I'd have a boy but my ultrasound showed different. I wonder how all of them could be wrong. lol I'm doing ok with the Summer. . . I'm not too hot and when I'm outside, I seem to be ok as long as I have water. :) I bet you can't wait for July, huh?
  • I was convinced this was a girl. I was definatly speechless to hear its a boy. I'm ready for him to get here and eager to see how my toddler reacts. So is this your 1st? Your so luck the heats not bothering you. Its been 102, way to hot :-S
  • @LittleBuddy0811 Yes, she's my first and my boyfriend is like, "Lets see how this one goes before you start planning more" lol I'm like "but...but..." haha I love the feeling of being pregnant and I can see how women miss it after they have the baby. Although I cannot wait to ride rollercoasters. :) Where are you from? I'm in South Carolina and the heat is a killer and I was just in VA and it's hot as the dickens there too. Thank God for pools, eh?! :)
  • I'm living in el paso, tx we've been here for 4 years. We are just waiting for a transfer anywhere north! I told my fiancee that I want 1 more after this and he said the same thing your bf said, lol. But I love being pregnant, nothing compares to the kicking you feel. So do u have a name picked?
  • Its so crazy that my girl does the same thing. She loves my right side and puts her little but there. She loves when I walk around. sometimes kicks me when I stop. I never got hurt from her kicks. I enjoy it alottt
  • @littlebuddy0811 wow I bet its hot there!!!! And yes I do its Jemma Grace. :) what about you?

@ashthurs yeah I'm so glad I'm not in pain when she kicks either. I love this feeling but I am losing my mind waiting 58 more days! Lol
  • Hahaha I still need to buy babies room furniture. I've decided on what I'm going to get but need to order it. I'm getting very nervous. I have hospital tour in july and infant care class. I only have babies room painted, clothes, changing pad. I feel like I'm so behind. I want her to stay and get fully cooked. When I went for extensive check up, they told me she is a big baby. I have feeling she might come early. I even said 36 weeks I dunno why.
  • @ashthurs I just need travel system (but I think I might get that on sat at the shower), and a crib mattress. Other than that, I think everything will be extra. :) they said for us to ask for a tour and we took a 2 month class so I hope we are almost ready... surprisingly I'm not scared for labor... just not having it all together when the time comes. Lol After the shower, imma pack her bag and mine just in case she comes early.
  • @ahuyser i feel the same way my baby boy also moves like crazy it seems as if he is up from sun up to sun down lol :-) ..but to @BabyComingSoon143 yes its normal like u said its better for them to move than to not move right!lol oh by the way im 31 weeks