This could not have been braxton hicks!

edited June 2011 in Giving birth
Last night (like an hr after sex, sorry tmi) I started getting these pains in my lower back, and my stomach got real tight. when it came back 5 mins later, I realized it was contractions so I started timing them. (i have an app for that) so anyways to make a long story short, I had contractions every 4-5 mins for over an hour, but then I feel asleep. Now this morning nothing? Had this happened to anyone, I swear it couldnt have been braxton hicks, because I changed positions walked around and they still came, also I read online that when you have pain in your back then its true labor not braxton hicks... But it makes no sense to me?

Comments

• Oh btw tomorrow ill be 38 wks
  • Go to d e.r or call ur dr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 39 weeks and have had that same thing. It'll seem like I'm in labour and then just go away. If you're concerned, call your Dr, but false labour van happen.
  • @homebirthadvocate thats what happened last night, I fell asleep after about an hr and a half, so I dont know if they continued after that...but most of them where bad where I had to stop what I was doing and take deep breaths, but if it was true labor why did it stop?
  • @janellesmommie @natashalynn I think I might call my doctor and tell them about last night and see if they want to see me or not, cause my appt isn't until friday...thanks
  • @homebirthadvocate thanks, this is my second baby, but my first I was induced so I never had to worry about when it was the real thing, with my first I also never had BH contractions.
    i dont want to go in for no reason And thats why I didnt call or go in last night...
    Thanks for your advice
  • I went to l&d yesterday because I was havin contractions and they told me it was because I wasnt eating and drinking enough even though I drink water religiously. I also have a bladder infection. They gave me a shot to stop contractions since im only 34 weeks
  • Wow the exact same thing happen to me last night, started after sex and everything, also fell asleep and now nothing... I'm only 36wks