Last dr. Appt.

edited June 2011 in Third Trimester
Okay so today is my last doctors appt before Im going to be induced. I'm foundry be 40 weeks on Saturday. So heres a question...when I go into my midwife and ask her so strip my membranes is there any reason she would say no?

Comments

• Possibly if u aren't dilated at all she could say no
  • this may be ur last amp i thought mine would be wed just gone she tryed to strip membranes but i wasnt dilated anothe was 1cm ... i go again 2moro an will be 41+4
  • Okay so how dialated do u have to be? @littlemisscvl @babyinblack682
  • I've had my membranes stripped twice already @ 41 wks +1. It was uncomfortable and created/creates a tremendous amount of nasty burger like discharge (sorry Tmi) but it works for alot of people to help.them go into labor. I was 3cm when they started doing it. Will probably have it done again today after my (OMG your so freaking late/have this baby ultrasound)
  • not sure i shall find that out 2moro lol ... i was 1cm with firm cervics but that can all change with in a day ... just hopeing 2moro she does a good sweep and i go in to labour if not i really really need to be induced cant take any more
  • Well last week I was 1cm so I'm hopin I progressed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomorrow is my last dr appointment! I get induced next tues or weds >:D<
  • Well I asked and my midwife said my cervix was still hard...so I have to wait. Bit my induction date is scheduled for the thirteenth so if anything I'll only have till Monday
  • That is pretty good news :) lrss than a week max! Good luck!
  • @onemoreontheway the only thing I'm worried about is having a hard labor cause my body isn't ready
  • That is true, hopefully your cervix starts to soften on it's own before then so that the induction will take better.