need baby daddy advice plez

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Xxxxxxx

Comments

• edited July 2011
    p
  • I was always told that if you are married baby will get hubbys last name and he is responsable for paying the bill. But that just what I've been told.
  • edited July 2011
    x
  • I agree with the above but if the father signs the birth certificate then he can use his last name and be responsible. I'm going through the same thing ATM. Preggo by my exhusband but married (separated) to someone else.
  • Ifhe wants to be involved fine
    Take him to court and get that support! That's my plan! :)
  • Id stop contacting the other guy, I'm not saying avoid him or ignore him but stop reaching out to him. The child should have your last name(hubby) because lets face it you and your husband will be raising this baby. It is a privilege to be a father not a right so considering your husband is stepping up in a way many biological father's don't, I wouldn't even think of it as an issue unless jerkface brings it up.
  • On the baby, if hubby is ok w everything do whatever you feel is right for you. In the case of the truck get your bank statements and consult w a lawyer and take that piece to court and get it back. You never gave it as a gift to him. Fight for it. Or at least for your money back.
  • I would have to agree @mrs_shu said I wouldn't involve the baby daddy if he hasn't been doing anything. Give baby your husbands last name and have him on the birth certificate and if the baby daddy really wants to be involved he can fight for it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was married when i got preggers the first time by my then bf and i had to have my ex-husband sign over his rights to the baby because we were married at the time i got pregnant even though the baby wasnt his. So your hubby is legally tied to your unborn baby because you are lawfully married.
  • edited July 2011
    T
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Id tell him to kiss ur ass, and let hubby be the father... but thats jst what i would do..
  • It depends on the state ur in. My sister in law is still legally married but has been with bd for 10 years.. they just had a little girl with bd last name even though her last name is husbands... were in California fyi
  • edited July 2011
    I
  • My ex BFF married a man while she was preggo with another mans baby.
    Her husband signed the birth certificate.
    The babys dad took her to court and got a DNA test done and now he has visitation rights and pays child support.