what should i do? so painful

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Okay I'm having itching and burning down there like my lips they feel raw like I've been wiping with sand paper its sore I seen a little tiny red dot of blood from it being so raw I called my doc office n they called me in the one time pill for a yeast infection. I really wana be checked out my next appointment isn't until next Tuesday I feel like going to er n making them check me for everything . Because I don't like that he just called me in a medicine without making sure that its for sure a yeast infection it could be BV or anything I took the pill yesterday and i put cream down there it really hasn't improved or helped very much I'm so miserable. Do those symptoms sound like BV or yeast infection or uti or what

Comments

• I've had a uti and it doesn't sound like that. Uti hurts when you pee. Like razors are coming out. I know vagisil (spell?) Has a test that you pee on a stick and it shows you if you have anything. I'm not sure all the things it test for but I know it test for yeast bv and I'm pretty sure uti. Hope you feel better!
  • It does burn when I pee because of the rawness fml it hurts so bad
  • I'm sorry :( the outside won't hurt with a uti. Just feels like the actual pee is a razor and you have to pee all the time. More often than a prego. If its that bad I would go to the er.
  • Not the outside its the inside of my lips r wats raw I think I will go to er
  • I'm sorry your in pain. I hope its nothing to bad and you have a quick recovery!
  • @Mommy2Be777 I had the same thing and my dr gave me stuff for a yeast infection and it got better a few days later. If it doesnt get better or you are concerned about it then get checked out.
  • mydoctor told me the pill is not good for preggos if it is a yeast I would recommend monistat over the counter
  • I'm sure he wouldn't givee me a pill that's not safe. He's a pregnancy doctor.
  • It will take a couple days for it to get better and for it being raw and the burning you can put some baby rash creme on there but you might wanna put a panty liner in while the creme is on. You might also try to rinse after every trip and just pad it dry and don't wipe.

I also wouldn't use no OTC meds unless your doc says its ok.
  • @veteranswife what is otc medicine ?
  • edited June 2011
    @Mommy2Be777 it means over the counter
  • It feels a little better today Everytime I use the rest room I pat it with water and dry it and put anti fungal cream because my mom said it has the same ingredients as yeast infection creams she's a nurse and I looked it up , and she's right . It's still a little raw n swollen I been calling my doctors office back for two days because I wanted to tell them I wanted to be checked instead of them calling me in medicine but they keep forwarding me to the voice mail that says they r busy and to leave a vmail and I did but they didn't call back.
  • I talked to them wen they called me in the medicine n I took it n I called them again cause it still hurt but they won't call me back
  • OTC stands for over the counter.