castor oil

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
So I'm 38 weeks pregnant and just to see I drank 2 teaspoon of castor oil but I haven't feel nothing how much I have to wait it been 6 hours since I drunk it

Comments

• It hit me within an hour. Diarrhea and vomiting. I did go into labor the next day tho.
  • DONT DOOOO ITTTTT!!! hopefully since you didn't drink too much you will be ok. But yes, its makes you poop like CRAZY, and throw up. Super painfull! It only kicks labor into gear cuz your body/muscles are contracting so hard from pooping and vomiting!! Not a fun way to go into labor!! Give it a lil time, it will come! I know it sucks waiting but your baby is putting on the weight it needs to thrive out here. Your down to days now hang in there!!!
  • I drank it with my 2nd and I went into labor the next morning and I was never sick from it at all I never threw up or pooped alot
  • Stimulate your boobs while having sex as your partner goes in you that makes you go into labor. Sorry tmi but if you want to go into labor without pooping and vomiting and stuff try that
  • The castor oil can make the baby poop too... which is a bad thing. I wouldn't recommend it
  • wait it out, you would never forgive yourself if your baby needed those couple of extra days....this is gods timing game not ours.....your baby knows when its ready ;-)
  • Omg OK so I'm just going to wait. ..but thinking about it ...it was nasty....and u said I drank a little bit OMG I just wait is only 2 weeks more
  • edited February 2011
    I agree DONT DO IT !!! I speak from experience . My last pregnancy (11yrs ago) I was so misrable 3weeks before my due datw (he was already over 10lbs) One night after I peed my pants yet once again I decided I had enough..i went to the hospital and begged the Dr to induce me.He would not,but he striped my membranes and sent me home...that was not good enough for me .On the way home I stopped ar the.grocery store bought a bottle if castor oil and chugged the whole thing..Omg it was horrible. When we got home I spent a couple hours puking and pooping finally it stopped.I took a hot shower ,had sex..took another hot shower ...about an hour later contractions started bad hard ones(my other pregnancys were never that bad..went back to the hospital ...i was.having horible hard contractions yet not dialating over 6 ...for over 12 hrs.finally I convinced them to give me pain meds they didnt want to cause it took so long to get to six and stayed there a long time1/2hr later gave birth...Both my other pregnancys were under 3hrs total.Im pretty sure castor oil screwed it up.
  • Thanks everyone! I'm just going to lived along sorry for my english I'm spanish. ....but now I'm kinda of scared cuz I just had a contraction it was really bad but just one hope everything stop cus now I'm scared
  • O.o well try to relax and drink some water.
  • I apologize if I offended you with my post because someone called me immature for it. But I was only trying to help because my cousin in law did that so she would go into labor. Didn't mean to seem imature its just something I heard that helps so you won't have to go thru nasty things to go into labor. So I apologize
  • lol dont know who called you immature @andrea1stbaby ?? Sex and niple stimulation can help put you into labor. Its part stimulation, and the mens sperm is actualy a natural labor inducer. I had sex twice the day befor I had my daughter lol. I don't think it was immature in anyway. Direct and to the point. This is a conversation over poop, vomit and labor after all lol lol

@Bettywonka Dont stress out. One way or another this baby will come into this world :) I don't think you took enough to do any damage. May have made the muscles tighten up a bit more. But just relax and try to stay happy!! Tonight or next week, its all going to be worth it when you hold your baby :)
  • No mama it didn't offend me don't worry i ask a question and u gave me your opinion don't mind wat people say some times they can come out rude i prefer to be immature than rude
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know but is weird I don't fell nothing just a little of cramps no popping or throwing up but less just see I'm drinking alot of water n I'm really hungry
  • Okayy I just wanted to clear the air thank you everyone I'm glad I didn't offend you and good luck on going into labor and congrats on you baby almost being here!
  • Oooooo eat slow and light...... U dont want issues
  • No my boyfriend don't let me eat he cut me some watermelon and pineapple. ..andrea1stbaby thanks hope the same to you thanks everyone!!!everybody was realy helpful