ahhhh newborn wont sleep through the night!

edited June 2011 in Babies
Can someone help! I'm soooo tired! She 2 weeks old and fighting sleep!

Comments

• What can I do? Any advice?
  • I used to put my 2 newborn under the cealing (sorry for spell) fan it works
  • Newborns sleeping thru the night isn't very common. They typically only sleep a couple hours at a time during the day and night. If she's sleeping more during the day, try to wake her up for feedings, keep her entertained-talkinf to her. And if possible nap during the day when she does. Are you feeding her during the night when she wakes up?
  • Newborns don't sleep through the night! You have a good few weeks to months of not sleeping through the night. They eat every 2-3 hrs for a couple weeks on the good side. You'll be lucky to get 5-6 hours during the night at 2-3 months...
  • @nena18_labori good idea! I turned it on!

@Mrs_shut oops I didn't mean through the night.... she's waking up every 15-45 minutes. I haven't got any sleep. And yeah I'm feeding her at night too!
  • She's 2 weeks old!!! Newborns don't sleep through the night. You have a while for that. Sorry for the lack of sleep... it's called being a mom! Lol.
  • @mommyof4girls I know they don't sleep through the night ...didn't mean to put that! But I feel like I must not be doing something right she wakes up as soon as I put her down (almost ). I just tired!
  • @1_mama_squared uhhh thanks!?! You sure helped
  • Have u tried a warm bath yet? Do you use a paci. Or try rockin her while shes laying down and rubbing her head gently and her belly.
  • Are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding?? My daughter woke up alot during the night...I know how you feel!
    try and sleep when she does... another thing that helps is lavender lotion!!
  • Get a fisher price rock and play bassinet 50-60 depending where you get it. Its great for infants... You can put it next to your bed and give it a little rock whenever she wakes up before a feeding is due. Plus, if her restlessness or discomfort is from colic or reflux it also helps w that because of the incline. It kills 2 birds w one stone. Do you bf?
  • @mommy2beagain I did give her a warm rag bath (umbilical cord still attached). She spits her paci out after awhile. Ill try rubbing her head more. Thanks :)
  • My daughter is 2 weeks 4 days n sleeping all night. My pediatrician changdher formula and she started. but if she's up every 45 mins then u should talk to get Dr. maybe she's needing a diff formula. that was why we had to switch my bby. just stay calm n sleep when she does n ask the Dr. sorry I can't help more. :(
  • I find once my.son stays awake longer, hell sleep longer afteraards now lol. Hes 5 weeks.
  • @mommyof4girls we got one of those. It works ok... she must just be a lil more colicy than most babies. She does seem like she is having some discomfort. Maybe im feeding her too much!?? Bf is outta town. No help right now but that's ok... but on a good note I put her in bed and she seems to be content... hopefully it will last. Thanks for ur advice! :)))
  • TThanks @ garbagebandfan I will definitely try that!
  • Lol my son was the same he hated the paci. So rubbing his head and belly worked really well I would sometimes give him full body massages with that johnsons bed time lotion and it would knock him right out for a few hours lol warm the lotion a bit the massage should soothe her good.
  • @adfennell83 what formula are you using?
  • edited June 2011
    Alimentum. We tried everything. I swear the first night she slept 6 hours straight. I wad up every 20 mins freaking out but her Dr said its cause she is taking it well. What is ur princess on.
  • Do you swaddle her hun? If not, try that. They love the swaddling and closeness which may be why she's waking up right when you put her down if you aren't swaddling her. If that doesn't work, id for sure think about switching formulas.
  • Try gripe water before feedings and if u use powder try the ready feed. Sometimes that helps and burp more often than you think you need too...
  • Ok, this is not the "ideal" solution but its the best that worked for me. Sleeping in my bed. Only if you're a light sleeper. Next best thing is a swing.
  • I would seriously have to pat my daughters butt with her on my chest for her to sleep and if i stopped shed wake up..
    To this day.. shes 3 now..she still sleeps with her booty sticking in the air.
    Thank God for my mom or i would have went crazy..
  • @mommyof4girls My son sleeps soooo good in his rock and play sleeper. I wish I had one when my daughter was a newborn.
  • @luvbump my daughter likes to sleep w/ her butt in the air too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My baby is 2 1/2 weeks and is sleeping 5-6 hour chunks every night? And he's breastfed. Every baby is different but don't believe everyone when they say newborns don't sleep through the night. Aim to feed her every 2 1/2- 3 hours during the day, even if it means waking her up and then try to keep her up for an hour afterwards.. I know how hard keeping them awake is, but I've used a washcloth, tickling their feet, playing with their hands.. you find what's most effective for your baby. You can help your baby :) don't be frustrated! O and a pacifier and mylicon come very handy especially while they are this tiny because if you've fed her, changed her, burped her and are wondering why the heck she's still wailing it could be gas or just her needing a soothie of some kind. I hope this helps you.. it sure helped me!
  • I am having the same problem right abt now!"""""!"!!!!!
  • I fed my daughter an ounce more and now at 1 month she is sleeping 3-4 hours at night. She just try feeding her a bit more or use colic water.
  • at 2 weeks its either gas or not being fed enough or needs swaddling my bubs 2 weeks old last night she has a massive feed I wrapped her up n she slept like a rock I woke her at 2am for a feed cause I was awake lol, she then slept till 530 gave hee another feed n she slept till 9. saying that we do cosleep because its freeeeeeeezing at ni6ht. this is our 3rd / weve never had a problem