Gaining too much wait= induction???

edited June 2011 in Health
I was about 10 lbs overweight when I got pregnant. My OB said to only gain 20-25 lbs total. I'm 24 weeks now and only up 9.5lbs but today she re goaled me to gain only 5 more lbs the rest of my pregnancy "to stay in the safe zone. ". My BP has always been good @ around 116/76 and have had no complications. With baby weight around 1 lb right now, that means basically she only wanted me to gain baby weight if most babies are 6-8 lbs. If I gain more than the 5 lbs. from now would she want to induce since I'm overweight??? First time mom so this may just be a silly question. Can gaining too much wait cause you to be induced?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ooo Thanks ladies!!! :) I'ma try hard to only gain those 5 lbs. Realistically I think it will be closer to 10 lbs judging by the way I've gained so far.
  • Your doctor is crazy I started obese and my doctor wants me to gain25lbs. I wouldn't listen to her or let her worry you.
  • @mama_kat we have the same size boobs. :p
  • edited June 2011
    Jesus I gained crap loads of weight and boobs wer 38 e like more then 20lb each ha ha
  • I started out overweight/ slightly obese and was told to only gain 15-25lbs but I am 38 weeks and have gained 30ish, and no one has said anything about induction or c-section. The funny thing is, my entire body besides my baby belly looks exactly the same! And im not the only one who thinks so. Overall, I am not bothered by my weight gain, as my bp is good and I look the same, so who cares?