stay at home wife/moms..PLEASE HELP!

edited June 2011 in Just for Fun
what do you all do to pass the time? i lost my job and since i am pregnant hubby and i thought it would be better for me not to work until 6 months after the baby is here. the only problem i have, its SO DARN BORING..we have no other kids besides our baby on the way. PLEASE HELP with ideas, its making this whole pregnancy seem like its slowly dragging by..

Comments

• How far along are you? I only work Sat/Sun but I go to school during the week. When I don't have class, I find free stuff to do. I go to the mall and walk around or I go check out museums. Then I don't feel so weird being by myself(I only have the baby I am carrying right now).
  • Teach yourself how to knit and make stuff for baby.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blueberrysmom that is a good idea. I want to learn how to knit...
  • @headersue i'm 17 weeks..we only have 1 car and the hubby uses that to go to work..i was thinking about getting a part time job, but i'm receiving unemployment so i think it would mess things up with that.
  • @blueberrysmom i've been thinking about that..going to michaels getting a lot of stuff to do arts and crafts..i might have to give that a try!
  • @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle hmm..i like reading also..any good books?
  • Get house ready for baby, get sleep, make and freeze meals ready for when baby comes and find a hobby. To be honest I had a hard pregnancy with my first so I just watched lots of greys anatomy and slept loads. Rest as much as you can during your later pregnancy as you won't get that much when baby arrives.
  • Yah. I'm all for working but a job will definitely mess up your unemployment. It's only worth it if the job pays alot more.
  • Books: Take a look at The Hunger Games series, Sarah's Key, Game of Thrones, The Help.
  • I clean the house everyday... Currently working on a puzzle.. I also see what some of my girl friends are up to.. But they all have babies so its hard to get together. Lol
  • I spend most of my time researching, but maybe I am just boring :P
  • Lost my job in Aug......got married in October & found out a week later was pregnant. Since I was pregnant no one was gonna hire me so we bought a house in February .....moved to a new city & got house in order since then. Been busy up until may when I started having no energy. I've become more involved in saving us $$ by clipping coupons & making meals to freeze etc. Glad I did all this because im in hospital today getting ready to have a baby!!
  • In regards to books, James Patterson is a really good author. He has a series of 10 books called the women's murder club. I have become addicted to them. My hubby hates I have so many books he just went out and got me the kindle. So now I've got all his books!
  • @tammy thanks for the tips..i'm gonna clean the house from top to bottom tomorrow..ohh and i'm definitely resting a lot..lol

@blueberrysmom yeah...you have excited i'm gonna go to hobby lobby and michaels tuesday..maybe make some jewelry

@Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle how far along are you? and if its not too much information why were you put on bed rest?
  • @TheTrondsons1st @uncaffeinated_katie @Juneduebug thanks for the tips!

@wendylouwhoo CONGRATS on your baby..hope you have a smooth delivery!
  • @Mommy_of_two i wish i was creative enough to cook everyday..my hubby is African and he loves his country food..but loves my cooking too..but he mostly cooks his food.

@Mijaylasmommy1205 cool..i have the amazon kindle app on my phone..i'm gonna look that author up!
  • I shop...and volunteer.
  • Lol I'm in the same boat n yea its pretty boring it wasn't bad when I could go to school but school out n now I watch TV surf web clip coupons clean wash cook n stay bored lol can't wait to work again!
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife i used to volunteer and feed the homeless but my old church no longer did it anymore.. :(

@Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle well hope the best for you..hopefully baby can stay in there a little longer!
  • @Hot2Cold87 i told my hubby i feel like my butt is getting flat because i sit down so much..lol
  • @firsttimer are you interested in working from home
  • Lol...I knw I dnt knw anybody where we live all my family live in a different city n plus its like 100° here so I'm usually in the house, TV usually watching me, counting the time til bf get home frm work smh
  • @lovingmy3js not really..i want to be a cosmetologist..hair, makeup etc..sorry!

@Mommy_of_two lol..gonna try that!

@Hot2Cold87 where do you live?