hair question

edited June 2011 in First time moms
I really need some advice but is it ok to dye you hair? I'm 27 weeks and haven't dyed my hair for a while. Before I fell preggers I use to dye it every six month blue black. What everyone's take on this?
Also is it safe to have a brazililan blow dry whilst preggers? I tried looking for both answers online but it was not clear at all.

Comments

• I still get mine highlighted
  • I was told as long as you're in a well ventilated room it's ok to dye your hair. Not sure about the other thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Brazilian blowouts or any type of keratin treatment aren't safe while pregnant. I'm a hairstylist and when I took the class they said not to do them or get them while prego because the fumes contain high amounts of formahldehyde (sp?). But I personally think coloring is fine.
  • My hair stylist wants me to try a Brazilian blow out but she says I have to wait until I have my baby. They are not safe for pregnant women. But on the other hand I've dyed my hair every 4-5day weeks since I was out of my first trimester
  • Thanks for the advice guys. I'm really desperate to dye it so may just go for it. Sorry I should have explained what Brazilian blowdry is. Its basically a hair straightening procedure for those who mainly have frizzy hair. Its a chemical based techniqe which leave your hair lush shiny and straight or just frizz free and lasts for 3 months even after washing...but I have no idea if its safe for pregnant ladies like us.
  • The blowout is not safe