pains, and havent a clue what they are.. help!!

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
last night I woke up with period type pains they lasted around ten minutes, I've had them before through the day yesterday, my baby was been really active and when he moves it hurts, and I know it sounds funny but it feels like after I've been sat or laid down and I stand up that he's going to fall out, any ideas?

Comments

• by the way I'm 35 weeks
  • The baby could be prepping to go within the next few weeks or so with you being that far along. Could be in a day or so, could be 2 weeks from now. Hard to tell what it really is when you're there. Nothing to worry about until they get closer together.
  • thanks, found out last week he's engaged so he's probs getting ready to come out, he's my first so I don't have a clue what contractions are like so I worry
  • @sammylouiseday I hav the same prob n I jus turned 36wks at my 34wks appt my cervix was soft...I was contracting n havn labor pains since mayb 33wks Im gona hav my doc chck me again wen I go bck ths wk to c if I dilated any ths is also my first...I'm waiting for sumthn interesting to happn lol...n wats engaged
  • when the babys head enters the cervix will locks in near the cervix, I hope he comes soon, pains started again I don't know what the contracting part feels like but had to pains lasting around 2 -3 mins in 5 minutes
  • god dam phone I hate typing on it lol
  • It's wen ur stomach gets real tite I didn't kno wat thy were at first but luckily I was havn sum at my last appt n was able to hav my doc confirm tht thy were actually contractions
  • For some reason, I never have contractions at the Dr. Do they have some sort of gas coming out of the vents or something to prevent them? lol I really want to see what the babies do when they come.
  • my stomach has been tightening whilst having the pains and goes soft after well as soft as it can get as my son stretches it out lol, I'm waiting on phoning my midwife up to ask her what's going on :)
  • edited June 2011
    @Sammylouiseday Those pains sound like your uterus is contracting. While you may not be in labor yet, the uterus has to prepare for the big day too. :)

@beauty0710 Engaged is when the baby's head (or bottom if he/she is breech) is resting in your pelvis. You may also notice that it is easier to breathe has baby as moved lower. Not all babies engage in the weeks prior to labor, but will do so as labor starts. :)