please dont judge..I just feel i dont need to go

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
ok so this is my third pregnancy and by far the easiest, I eat healthy have no complaints or concerns. i take my vitamins. I have to pay for all care out of pocket, because of this i dont see my regular ob i see a health dept an hour away.Which is still extremely expensive and i really cant afford to go, its food on the table or an appt. That all they do is come in ask me how i am feeling and if i have any questions. I dont and am fine. i feel i dont need to go in for this, i kinda feel guilty about it but if i have questions i would call. I am 28 weeks. Should I go for the long drive in the heat with out a/c in the middle of the day, which i really cant afford to do. or is it ok to skip an appt?

Please dont judge me, i have a child that i did do everything right in pregnancy, went to all my appts, ate all the right stuff and still she has major problems epilepsy, autism, developmental delays, milestone delays. they cant find these things at prenatal appts, so if it happens again it does. I also have another child who i did all the appts and the stuff your suppose to and she is normal and find, again though they couldnt be sure till i had her anyway. She is perfectly healthy and happy.
Sorry just trying to get other peoples feelings, am i wrong to feel that i don't need to go? my body will let me know when its time or somethings wrong. I am very aware about preclamsia and other things that could go wrong (done it with both pregnancy's before)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its my all means ur choice although it does bother me somewhat but who am i to judge??? Jus knw there r MANY things that can b wrng with baby that may not give u symthoms or b shown on ultrasound! I pray for ur baby's health and that u will at least get an ultrasound, u knw, to check things out!
  • i myself am uber paranoid about medical stuff like that. but ppl were having babies thousands of years ago without all the detailed testing and somehow the human race survived. :-D
  • Its your choice I think you are far enough to get a stethoscope and hear your babes heartbeat at home as well. Back in the day no one saw a Dr so I don't think its to bad but don't skip out on glucose testing and all that. Good luck to you. Btw have you tried getting aid?
  • edited June 2011
    @Kaylathering Well.. Not really. Average life span was really low. Sickness was rampant. Infant mortality rates were sky high. A cold could kill you back in the day and if you lived to 45 you were lucky. So, yea, the human race survived but the human cost was very high. Medical advances have gotten us really far so I think whenever one CAN take advantage of it one should.
  • I personally don't think anything is wrong with nit going to the Dr. I'm 28 wks And don't go on for every apt. I did my ultra sound at 19 wks. This wk I'm doing my glucose and sterp b and after that I'm done :) like another poster said women been doing it for thousands of year... what's the difference now?
  • true but now with hospitals popping up all over the place, im sure when something doesnt feel right she can get in the car and drive to the ER
  • I have had all the test except the strep b(which i dont think they do till closer to birth) and everything is fine. I still plan on delivery being at a hospital.
    @samantha my husband makes too much money for a family of 3 (although we are going to be a family of 5) in kansas they only use mother father and unborn for income guidelines. Apparently my other two kids that are on state medical cards dont cost us anything every month. :( Whats even weirder about that is this lil girl will be on state medical card to, but they wont cover me for the pregnancy.
    we make $60 to much for a family of 3
  • Have you applied for Medicaid? Or any other assistance program that xan help you out with your care? Maybe you could ask to be connected with a social worker who could help you out? Anyway, I get what your saying but there are some important reasons to be seen ad the other ladies have mentioned.
  • A lot of clinics should offer discounts for cash paying customers also do some sort of sliding scale pay or even have financial aid services offered.. Im sorry that sucks and you do what you Wanna do I would say missing an apt is ok but not every apt. Good luck.
  • When i was pregnant my doctor said if i missed appointments they would drop me as a patient. I don't know if they could do that but that's what they told me. Especially in my third trimester.
  • Have u looked into medicaid? If u can get the coverage, why not..
  • Even with the medical advances the united states has a very high infant mortality rate. I guess I read your post as you've been to all your appts but just want to skip this next one. Which I don't see a problem with. Maybe just call ur Dr and tell her you can't afford the gas and medical costs this month and reschedule for next month. my last Dr appt she just listened to the heart rate and asked if I had any questions and then went on my merry way. If its just one of those appts you should be fine.
  • On my third baby I wad having exact same problem (insurance issues)...i went for 18 week ultrasound, and then didn't do anything except a 26 week midwife visit. Did kick counts everyday, tested urine every two weeks, and followed a very healthy life style. My son was born at 41 weeks (nine pounds) and very healthy. But beware... I took a huge bashing from the nursing staff about mt lack of prenatal care. They even had social service come in (although there if nothing they can do because declining prenatal care is not against the law). Both my sister in laws are rns and kept good tabs on me (one is ob nurse). Just be ready for the hospital to be not so friendly about your lack of care! Good luck to you hun!
  • I have a lot of my friends that are having insurance problems and she stopped going to the doc. i think as long as you go to your ultrasounds and take the glucose test there shouldn't be no problem just make sure you take your vitamins. Back in the days there was no prenatal care and i see lots of healthy people but it the end it is your decision
  • it's sad that you can't get insurance for you and your baby right now.. this isn't your fault so don't feel guilty.. it's the system we should all be able to see a doctor without having to choose food or the health of your baby