Moms that have given birth NATURALLY!!

Comments

• Stay out of the hospital bed if you can help it, I suggest labor at home as long as you can...I have to give birth naturally because of a back surgery I had 7 yrs ago but I've grown to love it, 4 natural births I've experienced and its so much easier than the drug induced laboring...you heal alot faster in 2 hours you'll be up walking around just listen to the nurses when they're coaching you through breathing, at times you will wanna give up but hopefully you'll be able to hang with it. You will feel like u cent breathe you're gonna feel nauseous and like you're gonna die but just hang in there lol
  • I had 2 natural single births and this time ill have a natural single birth. I just relaxed and let my body work. It knows what to do. I walked right after giving birth. I helped push my daughter to the nursery for her bath them to my recovery room. I totslly suggest it. Just remember not to tense up during contractions. It's pain for a reason. It's the means to meeting your precious baby!
  • ***Oops natural twin birth for the second one...***
  • edited June 2011
    I was only in labor for 4 hrs. N the pain hurt n everything but rocking back & forth n breathing helped me. I only had to push 3 times n my bby was out. After I had my son the nurses gave me tylenol or something for the pain but the pain wasnt that bad, the thing that hurted was going to the bathroom with hemmeroids. I plan to do it again with this bby. :D
  • I've been induced with pitocin (11 and 7 days late consecutively). But aside from hat received no pain meds. My first labor was the most challenging. But the challenge was more mental getting over the fear of having a baby. Each of my 3 labors has lasted about 8 hours. I will tell u about this last one if you want to hear my other two birth stories I can post again. Just don't wanna write a novel right now. ;) my recent birth they gave me an ambien to sleep and some pitocin (a really low dose 4 cc to get my labor started) I slept through the first 2 hours of labor. @ about 3:30 and 5:30 I woke up and went to the bathroom. Because I was hooked up to IVs I was stuck to the bed except for bathroom breaks (:( boo). I tried different positions to get comfortable in the bed....on hands and knees, lying on my side, birth ball (major fail this labor). They stopped my pitocin once my body started to labor on its own. As soon as I was off pitocin I got in the labor tub!!! It makes labor 1000 times easier!!! I stayed on there from 7-9 cm (about an hour). I got out of the tub they broken my water. I had a few more contractions got to 10 cm and then pushed the baby out. This baby took 3 pushes!! It was a really good experience!
  • Thanks ladies! Sounds like everyone has their own stories, im praying that mine will be pretty easy too! Right now Im just going CRAZY because I feel like she is NEVER going to come out!!!! lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i was in labor for 20 hrs. it was dreadful. i was in so much pain i puked for several hours, and that is actually how i delivered her. the doctor was literally across the hall delivering another baby and had to STOP because i was puking so much my body was automatically forcing a push and out she came. i continued to vomit so much i was sedated for about 14 hours.
    would i do it again? hmmm, i dont think so.
  • Ya everyone's story is different! I'm sorry it was hard on you!
  • Well first off I think every delivery is completely different. You can have a plan to go one and end up going opposite direction. I had my first natural which wasn't by choice. By the time I got to hospital I was already dilated to 10. It hurt but wasn't as bad as expected. Because of that I chose to go natural with #2. My labor and recovery was much faster. With my 3rd I decided to give the epidural a try. It slowed my labor down which I was used to it moving fast. Not to mention the recovery and not being able to walk. I also had the worse headaches and back pain for months after. With my 4th if all goes well I'm going natural. I heard the Jacuzzi tub is supposed to help ease the contractions.
  • @hayleegracesmommy4 there was a point where the contractions were on top of each other that one was starting without any time in between that u think can I do this??! Answer yep! Best thing is to not fight it and know you are SO close at that point..hang on a lil longer and baby will be there :-) I didn't have the opportunity to be in tub or shower so can't tell you if that helps manage the pain or not. Everyone is different and every delivery is different. Most of all... Know that sometimes no matter how bad you want natural it isn't what's best for you or baby...i had to have emergency c my second time or we both probably would have died...just know in those circumstances you aren't wrong and to not beat yourself up if things don't go as planned...barring something like that happening...you can live through the pain of natural labor...and once you are holding that baby..the pain is forgotten..at least for me it was. Having had it both ways...definitely would choose natural labor...must not be too unbearable since women keep having babies huh? ;-) it totally sucks at the moment but the end result is worth it. Good luck!
  • This convo really helps! People roll their eyes at me and tell me I won't b able to go natural.. even men think that they know that its unbearable ...which makes me even more hell bent to go natural!!! Go us ladies!
  • Thank you @mnbaby3 that helps!! This post is very helpful and makes me feel alot more confident in going natural!! Now if I just knew when my baby was ready to come out..lol 38 week appointment tomorrow hopefully ill know something more than feeling helpless and waiting!!
  • Easy..peasy...:) it HURT!!!! I remember when theywere pushing me to the rm n the wheelchair and I was saying ..."AhHhhhhhhh NO more kids!!!!!!!!" Got on the bed...push...push....push...push..finally it was alllll done :) I felt like I. Didn't have time to experience or cry or think..really the thing on my mind were those contractions ..finally he was here...and I was soooooo tired
  • This is my 1st and I want to go all natural. No inducing no pain meds nothing. But if something goes wrong then I'm OK with the drs doing what's best for baby. I'm just sick of ppl saying I'm stupid for not wanting an epidural. Even hubby isn't supportive but in the end its my body.
  • @adensmommy0803 my husband isn't supporting my wanting all natural. But I'm going to do it! My best friend is having her 4 th in 10 weeks, and is a pro at natural.this is my second so I'm praying it goes alot easier then my first. I plan on talking alot more with my friend and getting her advice. But I'm glad this discussion is here!
  • @chevygirl ur lucky u have ur friend. The only person I know who went all natural was my mom n she just says it was to long ago to remember. So I'm all for this topic on pregly!!!
  • Every women in my family gave birth naturally....my grandma had 8 kids! The other one had 7! Crazy to me but that is mainland China and all they had was a candle and a knife. Lol I think I will opt for natural, too. Its my first baby and I want to go natural unless the doctor says otherwise. My two best friends just had their babies and went natural...they were just fine. I realize it will hurt but it will be over before we know it. Good luck to all of us! :-)
  • @ashleyfew perhaps it was so unbearable bc you were not prepared for it. I used to be masochistic and pain tolerance has a lot to do with your mindset. It must have been horrible to not have any relief when you were expecting it... delusions are no fun, ugh. Well I hope this time its not so bad, at least you know the epi doesn't work but at least maybe you could practice for it. I mean don't inflict pain on yourself but learn some of the techniques that natural labor uses for relaxing and consentration.
  • @tricesbaby only way ill have in is if I have a c section,in which case they have to give u one dont thy?
  • edited June 2011
    Wow I have never heard of so many women going all natural. Im very amazed! GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE! :)
    I did it with all 3 of my boys with no drugs afterward either. I wouldn't have it any other way. Too many horror stories about the epidural. Its just not worth all the extra stuff it comes with. When I had my baby 3 weeks ago the student n the room said she has never seen anyone go all natural. In the end u have a sense of accomplishment. An ur beautiful babies!
  • i plan on having a natural birth .. NO MEDS and i will be very strict on that at the hospitals. ppl think im crazy but my bf and my parents are very supportive.. i wanted to have a water birth but i dont think my military insurance will cover that.. but i watched "The Business of Being Born" .. it was great i was told not to watch A LOT videos or shows of extremely painful births because everybody is diff and you dont want to scare yourself. and that it wouldnt hurt as bad if i was confident and relax. im taking a birthing class next month.. and even though i cant have a water birth i will try to use the tub for contractions. i really dont want to have the baby laying down but we shall see
  • Ok i'm new to this site.. But i'm pregnant with my sixth child. I went natural with all my babys even my twins. I always had alot of people in the delivery room with me so the distractions helped alot. Also up walking around and the rocking chair helped..
  • HOw do you ladies feel about stripping of the membranes!))) YAY OR NAY???
  • Love this post! I am determined for an All natural birth my 1st 2 were induced and im pretty sure my 1st epi was a part of my seizures and eclampsia bc i felt fluid pumping into my head and woke up blind(very scary,long story)my 2nd epi they definetly messed up and it didnt even work..my only worry going natural is my son broke my tailbone with his fat head he was 8lb.3oz with a 14in head so i dont know how i will handle the pain of my tailbone through pushing(tmi-it even hurts now just going potty) its been almost 3yrs since i had him and have had to fight with the pain of it daily :'( good luck to all you mommys and congrats to those who have done it natural! I want to feel proud of myself for going natural!!5wks left!!!
  • @ashleyfew I'm not sure, I'm sorry but that would be an important question to ask your dr.
  • I only have 2 weeks left!! Went to doctors, my midwife is excited about me going naturally! I was going to see about getting my membranes stripped but apparently I tested positive for GBS :-/ now I'm scared but midwife says they're going to pump me full of antibiotics so my baby doesn't get sick!! She also told me to go get some primrose oil and take it vaginally not orally and it apparently works magic!! Please pray I have this baby soon! Its 105 degrees where I am and its miserable!