birth control after baby..implanon anybody?

edited June 2011 in Health
Has anyone ever used implanon? I have had 2 mirena iuds in the past and my body doesnt take well to them..like crampy and sex wise.so i was thinking implanon would be good long term bc for me.but would like to hear about personal experiences with it.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What is that? I kinda want the iud just to be safe but I might just get the arm one cause I have heard to many horror stories bout iud and my body doesn't take very well to bc anyways
  • @samantha I believe implanon is the one that goes in your arm.I was also considering it but I think I'm gonna go with nuva ring
  • Oh lol ok my friend has that and loves it. I wasn't sure what it was called thank you
  • Why did you hate it? I heard it was a low dose which would be good for me but I got pregnant on the pill so I was looking for something else lol
  • I had it for 8 months and had bleeding the whole time...maybe a day or 2 break then like medium flow period bleeding it was horrible!
  • I loved it. My periods were once every three months so light I didn't even need to use anything. I did gain 20lb or so but I'm not sure it was from the BC. I got it taken out cause it had shifted when I started working out regularly. There is another kind out since the implanon were known to shift about abit so that's what I'm going to get after Bunny is born
  • Obviously its your decison on what bc to use but I will tell u my horror story with implanon, not to scare u but so u can be informed. Within 2 months of getting it put in I gained 48 pounds without any changes to my diet. I started hallucinating that my mom was killed in a car accident and my house was on fire, I wouldn't stop bleeding, I had my period everday I was on it. I couldn't sleep and when I did sleep I would get night terrors so bad I would scratch at my skin unknowingly till it bled, it was bad, I went to get it taken out and it had been "lost" in my arm and had formed massive scar tissue over it in a very short time. They had to numb the whole area and give me a relaxant so they could go digging for it. I have a horrible scar from it on my arm that still hasn't even started to fade after 4 years. Again, this is the worst case scenario, just because this happened to me doesn't mean it will happen to you. I am just sharing my story
  • edited June 2011
    See below
  • @imamommysoon that is the worst side effect profile I have ever heard! Makes me think of old SNL and the red bouncy ball ....but for real!
  • @catladyexpecting. It was the worst experience I have ever had with bc. And I have some shitty ones... I was allergic to the glue in the patch, pills would never stay down etc. But I'm conviced the makers of implanon are spawn of hell lol.
  • I am definitely avoiding it! @imamommysoon. Maybe your scar will fade if you have an exorcism performed on the arm 8-X
  • WTF, AM I GNA USE, HEEEELP...!!!!!!!!!
  • Wow thats pretty bad.i just dont know what to do i want something longterm bc i wont have insurance after baby and the iud is Not an option.My 1st mirena fell into my cervix one night after having sex and i started contracting on it bc my cervix was treating like a baby pretty much and trying to get it out..it was worse than anything ive ever felt and i have had 2 babies! But i couldnt ever have sex with either 1 of my mirenas it hurt so bad.so i had them taken out...i think i might try the arm implant bc there are lowered risks compared to mirena/iuds..and i guess everybodys bodies react differently i quit having periods with my iuds but know people who had them get worse..its just a trial and error thing i guess.
    @lily_glz the nuva ring is awesome! But i cant get it due to insurance issues :(