baby dropping.. question

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Im 36 weeks pregnant, and read that baby should be dropping around this time.. was wondering how long that process is, i mean does it take a few days? Hours? Minutes? Ive heard a woman say her baby "dropped last night".. do babies have to drop in order to start labor?

Comments

• and what does it feel like???
  • I don't remember how long it took with my first I just remember going from not being able to breathe to having a bowling ball in my vag LOL felt Like he was just gonna fall out
  • Ive read that there is alot more pressure and u breathe easier.. but that is so vague, all the stuff i read isnt helpful.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i dont remember feeling it happen but dang i looked in the mirror one day and BAM i looked like they were going to fall out (dd, then ds). i couldn't do much that involved bending... it felt like the baby was going to fall out lol
  • I'm. 33wks sat and that's 1 of my issues she has dropped to -3 station (last poss place before seeing body parts lol) her head is in the birth canal and I'm 3cm and my cervics is thinned andx soft as butter as the doc put it today...but I PROMISE u will see a gap between breast and belly and u will look like ur bowling ball is 5inches or so lower than before and u'll breath better but have a mor challanging time walking! Goodluck ladies...oh and this usually happens a week or 2 b 4 u deliver!