anybody else scared of c section?

edited June 2011 in Giving birth
Well it looks like its going to be a repeat c section first time was emergency so I didn't have time to be scared but..... this time I was foolishly hoping for vaginal well I haven't gone into labor yet and c section is scheduled Thursday (4 days away) I am beginning to become terrified really. I know I dnt have a choice but I am still scared to death anyone had one? How was it?

Comments

• I am. I don't like being 'trapped' and I heard they strap your arms down cause the meds can make u shake or something. I freak out.
  • Goodness yes, I tell everyone NO NO C-SECTION FOR ME!!!! Lol I'm really praying for a vaginal birth.

Btw have you tried the recipe on the Inducing Eggplant thread? I was reading the website yesterday and supposedly it works for a lot of women.
  • Don't freak out it will be ok. I'm having a repeated c.section aswell. It will be ok :-)
  • I just had my second one on the 15th and I was so scared it made my stomach hurt I hate bein able to feel them pulling and tugging they had to keep giving me medicine but after all it wasn't so bad I'm terrified to have another one tho!
  • I just had one on the 14th cause I wasn't progressing on my own. I was kinda scared but excited to have everything over with. I really didn't like all the tugging and pulling either but it had to happen. Wasn't horrible tho.
  • I'm having my second in Nov. I'm a little nervous, but not scared or freakin out.
  • I have had 2 c sections and I will have a 3rd in November. I love knowing when my baby is going to be born. Also I have liked knowing that I will not have to labor. I hope all works out for you. I will pray for you to have a quick recovery.
  • Also I think it is best to be a little nervous i mean it is still a major surgery;-)
  • I am scared to death!!! I mean, terrified, horrified, all of it! my first two are all natural, however after #2 I had some surgeries and part of it was reconstructing my small intestine and rectum. so there is a strong possibility that the docs may tell me i need a csection so that the baby doesnt rip the work that they had to do (which cannot be done again).
  • I having my 3rd c section in september and it gets.better but its still a very uncomfortable feeling
  • I'm having my 2nd in sept and I'm scared poopless.... :(
  • I had an emergency c section on satirday 18.06.11 i was a bit nervous but it was an amazin experience and after 40 hrs tryin to deliver my baby naturally and failin it was my only option! Good luck ladies
  • I'm terrified. My doc just told me that I'm going to have to have one. I have no clue what to expect. I haven't scheduled mine but I'm 38 weeks pregnant and she wants to do it in my 39th week... So I guess I have about a week..
  • I had an emergency one the first time too and the next one is next month on the 26th. Im not too scared...yet. The first one went so well I really dont have much to be scared of. Look at it this way, at least you know when and what time. No guesssing. and really less can go wrong with a csection than with vaginal birth. You should be fine. Besides you have all us praying for you ;)
  • My advice is research! Read stories about csection births..watch videos etc.
    If you hace no idea what to expect it makes it harder because your overwhelmed with confusion and emotions..
    At least if your prepared you will know what to expect and will understand what theyre doing.
  • @stacyrae no that one I haven't tried but I tried almost everything else! It j ain't gonna happen :( and thanks ladies at least I'm not alone I'm just now getting scared! 4 days before guess that's normal tho
  • @stacyrae no that one I haven't tried but I tried almost everything else! It j ain't gonna happen :( and thanks ladies at least I'm not alone I'm just now getting scared! 4 days before guess that's normal tho