breast feeding...

edited June 2011 in Breastfeeding
How many momma's r gonna b breast feeding?... just asking b/c this is my 2nd i didnt breast feed my first but im willing to try this time around!! And if you have ne advice i wld love to hear it!! Thanks

Comments

• edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • She's right! Any advice I would give is the exact same as uncaffeinatedkatie :) good luck!
  • I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I'm planning on bfeeding. I just went to bfeeding class held at hospital I'm going to give birth at. They really give you good information even demostrate with a doll weights exactly like a baby ;all the bfeeding positions. It is only two hours but I feel very confident now:) I would recommend taking that class because reason for sore nipples and being unable to bfeed is wrong latch on.they show you how to do it and give you hotline number for local lactation consultants that you can call.
  • Any advice on pumping?
  • @bee0726
    Exclusively pumping is pretty diffucult. It's so much easier to pump after bf'ing because everything is already flowing. If it's just pumping in general ask a more specific question and we'll try to help.

Im exclusively bf'ing twins now. It's great! I love not having to get up and make bottles! The best advice Ive gotten for parenting is to relax. The babies can sense all of your emotions. Let them eat til they fall off. I call the goofy look on their sweet little faces milk drunk. Lol Latch is very important! If you're ok w it let the lc help you by actually touching you and the baby cause hands on is the best way to learn. Ask them to show you then you try while they watch. They've seen it all trust me! If I hadn't been so open I would probably be having more issues w my twins even though I bf both of my older girls. Just remember when you're holding them in the nursing position their ear, shoulder and hip should be in line. It helps w swallowing and latch. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!