fever

edited February 2011 in First Trimester
I have a fever is there anything to take for my fever I'm really scared for my baby drs office is closed right now: ( help please

Comments

• Is there any particular tylenol? I'm in my first trimester will it be harmful for my baby?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Any tylenol product that has fever reducer in it. Id take tylenol pm so you can sleep too. Plus like mama_kat said drink lots of water. Fever can dehydrate you too. Just don't let it get too high and your baby will be fine. Good luck and feel better.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tylenol extra strenght good? It contains acetaminophen
  • They are the same thing tylenol is just the brand name.
  • Acetaminophen is fine, just don't take ibuprofen....that's what my doc said :)
  • Only tylenol is safe. And it cant be any kind either like someone earlier said. You can only take certain ones there are a few different types of tylenol that are safe, but never take the multi symptom ones. As far as ibuprofen and asprin....do not take while pregnant. Asprin can cause your blood not to cloat when you give birth...very dangerous..even if you take it in your first trimester it can linger in your system for a long time..hope u feel better