How to Avoid a C-section..

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Anyone have any advice for a first timer on how to increase my chances of not having a c-section?

Comments

• Pray that your baby is head down and pray that its not too big!....that's all I got!lol
  • There is nothing u can do just pray...n if u have to have one it's not that bad
  • edited June 2011
    I really don't want one either. If my baby isn't head down, I'll give birth to him myself! That's how badly I don't want one!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In my experiences an epidural got my labor moving because I was more relaxed
  • edited June 2011
    Avoid an induction until the bitter end like I mean unless its needed not just cuz ur done that was my mistake and pray your baby is head down good luck hun and @mommy2isaiahngiselle is right I had group b strep and we were ok for a regular birth with meds but I just wouldn't dialate
  • @mommytoisaiahngiselle @mommyof22be what is group b strep? Is it common?
  • Well a plus side to a c section.....my 2nd child was breech and almost 10lbs n 22inches......no way was I gonna wanna push that monster baby out lol....c section is not terrible, I had my first child vag n hoping this one will be vbac but its not lookin good cuz she is breech too...owell
  • My first was all natural and was a great experience. I had strep b and was given antibiotics. My second was breech and I had a csection. It sucked.
  • Its just strep in your vajaja it can cause blindness if not treated during birth but u will be tested for it way later on like 37 weeks or so just when u get the meds if u even have it make sure they turn on the saline they forgot for me and that shit burned like wild fire aaaahhhhh
  • Google perineal massage and pregnancy. Then look at the video on prenatal perineal massage on youtube! It really is suppose to reduce tearing and c sections
  • I was so swollen down there I had gbs and no one told me. I had a twin vag birth last week and they were fine w no meds. I delivered my first 21 min after I got to the hospital and the second 6 min later. They gave me an IV as I was pushing. The ridiculous anesthesiologist was trying to get me to sign stuff as she was crowning. I told him to shut the hell up. The c section rate is obnoxiously high in this country. Probably cause of moronic, money hungry epi pushing old men... lol
  • @homebirthadvocate is awesome w advice, research, a lot!
    @mommy2isaiahngiselle thanks it was super fast!