Labor Cake Documentary UPDATE: 5:28PM (Slightly TMI)

13»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies! :D I really appreciate it!

I guess I'll technically go ahead and call this an update: Nothing is happening. At all. Well, maybe a random contraction or two, and my back is a little achy, but it isn't anything new. If anything changes I'll be on here ASAP to update again. Otherwise, I'm making plans for dinner and a movie tonight. Yay! B-)
  • UPDATE: Well, I'm having random contractions...but I don't think it's cake related. I'm considering calling this experiment off since I don't have any more cake to eat and it's not really doing anything interesting. Comments?
  • UPDATE: Went out for birthday dinner, grabbed some popcorn from the theater and brought it home to watch a.movie in the comfort of my chair. It's 24 hours since I ate the labor cake and I've suddenly had a couple of contractions that were pretty decent come out of nowhere! :O and to top it off my back is.getting achy. Don't know if carrying my son to bed like I do every night contributed or not, but the pelvic pressure that just eased up a couple of days ago is suddenly starting to come back! Seriously, it would be so ironic if I went into labor now that I'm not expecting it!
  • It is to me. I'm too scared to do castor oil. I don't want to get induced from scratch either. So keep updating ;)
  • Keep updating...this lurker keeps checking on you! I would much rather have labor by chocolate than by that stuff gramma used to make us drink!
  • I have never had castor oil before. :O Sitting back.in my recliner trying to relax...my belly getting tight is even affecting my ribs now! My complaints right now are pelvic pain, back ache, and ribs. The contractions are random but tight and uncomfortable. We'll see how the night plays out!
  • Good luck.
  • Thanks! It's still random though so I suspect the little man is just teasing me!
  • Come on little man!! :)
  • Last update of the night:
    So the contractions are still random. I'm starting to think they may be a coincidence. Little man is officially back to giving me evil crotch pain again, and he is laying on a nerve that is hurting my back, more on the right side. That part wraps around to the inside of my right leg.
    Just finishing a decent contraction. I am super tired so I'm off to get as much sleep - I may need it! Until morning!
  • ★labor dust★
  • Its so neat watching you do this
    Happy birthday by the way.
  • Happy birthday :) if nothing else
    & good luck
    Labor dust★★★★★★★★★°°°
  • Happy birthday:)
  • Thank you for the birthday wishes ladies! :D
    UPDATE: I have a constant dull backache. Could just be because I've only got two.weeks left. Had a hard time sleeping last night, too, though...so I don't know. Had another tmi moment this morning, but I.don't know if its from dinner and popcorn last night or not. We'll see how today plays out. This evening is the deadline for the cake to have supposedly kicked in, so if I'm not consistently contracting 12 hours from now, this documentary is officially OVER. :O
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle Ooh, sounds interesting! :D I'll have to look it up!
  • Update: contractions are still random but they haven't stopped. My back still hurts, so I'm doing the best I can to sit back, relax, and keep applying heat. Not the most comfortable, but nothing unmanageable going on right now.
  • :O Oh snap! Really?! I've got to go back and find your post for the update!
  • Update: I have had moderate back pain all day that has kept me pretty much glued to the sofa with a microwaveable hot pack. Been tired all day but haven't been able to nap between my son fighting.his nap and my husband staying home thanks to drinking and eating too much junk food for my birthday yesterday. Just took tylenol for a headache and neckache that I have developing at the moment. Pelvic pain is the same as it has been for the past couple of.weeks, and even though I jave no ppwtite it may be because i helped myself to some pizza a couple of.hours ago despite not really being hungry. It's two hours away from.reaching the 48 hour mark and I seriously doubt anything is about to happen. If so, its going to.be a long time, so it no longer falls under the labor cake description for.this topic. So, in conclusion...

Labor cake does not induce labor...at least, not for me. :-)) Thanks for reading and posting, ladies!