tubes tied....

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I'm due June 20th with my second child a lil girl ...I have a 16month old lil boy and me and my husband have talked about it and we don't want anymore kids ...so we are now talking bout forms of birth control and I don't want to take the pill cause I would forget it and I'm not sure about an iud..so I've been highly considering getting my tubes tied just I'm worried bout getting the surgery and side effects from getting my tubes tied ....I'm 21 and 100% sure I don't want anymore kids ....what is everyone's opinion on what's better iud ,tubes tied...

Comments

• Ur bby iz due on my bday. But im 25 n im preggo wit my 2nd child due June 8 n I hve a 2yr old n im wondrn shuld I get my tubes tied r go wit Mirena. My dctr said she suggest Mirena whch iz good 4r 5yrs cuz im still very yung.
  • I know here in ohio you have to be 22 to get ur tubes tied. The iud works good pain less really. No more periods for the most part and that was great for me!!! Im getting mine tied and doctor said its an easy process. They do it the day after you have ur kids but leave the epidural in. They just make a little cut I forget in the belly button or below it and do it that way unless you have a c-section.
  • I had the mirena for 3.5 years and loved it! Getting it put in and the removal were quite uncomfortable but otherwise never even knew it was there. I always had heavy periods with cramps and with the mirena I had light spotting for about one day for the first two months and then no periods...so that was a plus!
  • I'm 27, this is my fifth (& last!) child. My hubby has a 13yr old son from a previous marriage. He's 36, so he agreed that we want to enjoy our kids before we're middle aged, yet still be young enough to enjoy our grandchildren as well. I love children, but I don't have anymore seating in my Yukon, our house is going to be full when this one arrives, plus I don't want to be raising children until I'm 50, you know? I was supposed to have my tubes tied with my last one, but they declined to do it because 'I wasn't supposed to survive, it would be an unnecessary procedure.' Made me furious! So since I have Lupus I cannot take any form of birth control as it can cause blood clots & I'm already on blood thinners, so that's nixed. I waas wondering if they can tie your tubes in the hospital even if you have a vaginal delivery? My first 3 kids were vaginal, my fourth was an emergency c-section, but we're going for a VBAC, but I really want my tubes tied, but not to have a c-section just for it to get done. I mean, if a c-section ends up having to happen, then by all means, whatever is best for baby&me, but if I am able to do a VBAC like our birth plan is, would they still tie my tubes while I'm there? If I made any sense at all? Momma brains here, I'm a bit frazzled. Thanks!
  • I want mine done too. I'm 23 with my first.... but I always wanted to adopt. I feel like I don't need anymore of my own when there are children out there without parents.
  • Had my tubes tied after son but that was 8 yrs ago.i hurted for a whole yr even wen thru treatment for endometriosis to c if that was problem. Then finally dr i had(thanks god for him:) coded it for insurance reason's as explorotory untied them& pain went away. Yet 8 yrs later another baby and now 17months another due 8-10. Wow!
  • Hello ladies, tying your tubes is an option but depending on your dr he/she may say your too young. I was 32 and just gave birth to baby #3 and my doc said I was too young. Anyway, had the procedure after paperwork and a 30 waiting period (I guess they hope u change ur mind) that was in 2005. Here we are 2011 and I just found out I am 6wks pregnant. My husband and I were in total shock. Dr explained nothing not even sterilization is 100%. So here I am almost 39 and having baby #4. I am happy but know if u r truly done get all your options available. After this birth my husband is having a vasectomy. I think I've been through enough. Good luck in whatever u decide.
  • I know for a fact I don't want anymore kids...I've just always heard so many bad things about the pill (caused my friend to not be able to have kids)and that makes me scared of the pill ....and for iud or anything inserted my sister in law said it was not comfortable and they guy could sometimes feel it ...but tubes tied can cause cramping and problems...I'm just confused on what method to take to be safe ...my husband can't use condoms of any kind that we have tried because they make him swell up and all red and itchy ...sorry if to much info
  • I had the mirena and hated it I cramped worse than ever and it hurt to have sex... and that was after a emergency c section and it hurt so bad going in but not so bad getting it out... my sister also has one with two kids and she loves it didn't hurt her at all going in so it just all depends on your previous delivery... my cervix never opened so that's why it hurt me so bad... good luck with whatever you choose I know in Kansas you have to have 3 kids or be 26 or over!!! Good luck!!!!
  • I have issues with the pill, been on three diff kinds and they all make me sick. I'm allergic to condoms, and i guess thats why were having our SUPRISE baby lol. I am happy but SSOOOOO done!! However, I really don't want to have surg. So I told my man If I can be preg for almost 3, years. Push out 3 kids with no drugs, and brest feed for monthes after. He can deal with a lil 10min snip and a 48hrs recovery lol. Yup, my man knows if he ever wants sex again hes gotta get snipped lol