Baby Shower Menu

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
What's on your's? My friends seem to think I'm picky and would like suggestions. I've Nevermind had a baby shower, or planned one, so please help.

Comments

• Correction: Ive never had, that is.
  • I think the menu should reflect the venue. Is your shower inside or outdoors?
  • I'm having brisket, chicken, sausage patatoe salad, rice and beans....... yummmmmm :) I can't wait!!!!!
  • I'm having a taco buffet!!!
  • edited June 2011
    I'm having rice and beans, pernil, potato salad, fried chicken wings, and some other kind if salad my mil wants to make. I'll be doing must of the cooking. Also thinking about having a friend make done sausage and peppers.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Like @newmomma13 I'm having brisket, potato salad, beans! I can't wait either!! Its in 2 weeks :P
  • I wont be having mine anytime soon but im having homemade fried rice,eggrolls and crawfish:) probably other things but I know them 3 for sure!
  • I'm having a brunch catered, shrimp and grits, eggs, Bacon, sausage, biscuits, toast, fruit, waffle station and toppings, Ham carving station, and breakfast pastries.
  • I'm having a taco Guy: Tacos, guacamole, rice, beans, and salsa. Definitely having adult beverages and homemade strawberry lemonade for me. :)
  • I'm having eggplant parm & baked pasta & ham & polish sausage with onions and green peppers &pasta salad & potato salad & a veggie and fruit tray & a cake & cupcakes & jello & pop and water
  • My sil is throwing it... id love to know what's on the menu
  • Am having a lot of different things lol beans, rice, chili, 5ft sub, hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, sour cream n onion dip, guacamole, salsa, different kinds of chips
  • and it was supposed to say cake to lol
  • CAKE AND RICE KRISPEE THAT I AM TURNING BLUE FOR DESSERT
    FINGER FOOD TO B PASSED AROUND DURING THE GAMES - MEATBALLS, SANDWHICH SQUARES, DEVIL EGGS, SHRIMP PLATE, FRUIT ARRANGEMENT, CHEESE SQUARES
    MAIN COARSE- LASAGNE, CHICKEN ALFREDO, SALAD, GARLIC BREAD, TURKEY AND DRESSING, YAMS, AND GREEN BEANS

I KNOW THAT'S ALOT BUT MY MOM WON'T LET THE TURKEY AND DRESSING PART DIE....I TOLD HER IT WAS RICULOUS BUT SHE SAYS SHE IS MAKING IT ANYWAYS...SMH SO PPL WILL B GETTING FAT FAT FULL
  • I had my baby shower a couple of weeks ago and my menu was the following : tuna salad sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches deviled eggs a fresh fruit salad, and a veggie salad we also had strawberry shortcakes for dessert we also had chocolate covered strawberries:) and my sisters made the best pink sherbet gingerale punch it was soo good... the menu was simple and absolutely delicious cause everything was homemade I was very pleased ... :)

Oh and my cake was a 2 tier pink and black zebra cake with loads of chocolate I wish I had more of that cake...lol
  • Junk wise:
    bby shower cake.cupcakes.whoopi pies.oreo balls.peanut butter balls.brownie pops.lemon cake.chocolate chip cookies.oatmeal raisin cookies
    Real Food wise:
    lumpia.garlic rice.I want low mein.spaghetti and MEATBALLs.meat on a stick.green beans.broccoli.salad
    sancking wise:
    chips.dips.carrots.grape/cherry tomatoes.my step dads dip..YUM!!
    strawberries.grapes.watermelon.cantalope

Idk if i forgot anything....AND anything else I wanna add :)
  • im having fried rice, chow mien, egg rolls, fried bananas, asian steamed meatballs with the swt n sour sauce, hot dogs, chili, fried chicken, lil blazin wings, spagetti, chicken alfredo, potatoe salad, pickled string beans, mac n cheese, garlic bread, cake, cup cakes, fruit salad, regular salad n chips with the 7 layer dip n soda, water, n juice.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Beef tostadas, chicken tostadas. Fruit salad, chips, dip, nachos, cupcakes, cookies, and ice cream sundae station.
  • Mine is this weekend and since It's the 4th and since I love BBQ sides. My menu is Mac & Cheese, potato salad, baked beans, hotdogs, hamburger, devil eggs, and my Auntie insisted on adding dip
  • Wow! Yall are all doing it big. I was thinking, a lot of fruit, mostly finger foods, cakes, punch, and etc., but now I'm thinking I want a Taco bar also.
  • My shower is going to be a pool party baby shower. We are having wraps (chicken, turkey and ham) fresh fruit and dip, veggies and dip, I want to make cake pops and I also want some other kind of dessert but I dont know what...oh and chips, pasta salad and potato salad!
  • I'm like u @MistyLou I'm definitely considering a Taco bar. Sounds good and sounds great for a small budget...
  • All the talk about cake has me wanting buttered cake and ice cream.
    @Chels, mines is out by a pool, but I didn't know if I should bring the water into it. I want to keep the focus on the baby and not on any mishaps that may happen.
  • I had my shower a couple weeks ago and had hawaiian bbq chicken and beef, katsu chicken, white rice, hawaiian mac salad, a green salad, cupcakes, and nachos.
  • well mine is in our church chapel- the part that is the original building. and this is my second shower, so it's more of a laid back, fun environment. so it's going to be finger foods. veggies, fruit trays, cake of course, soda and water, i forget what else.
  • The pool party theme was my moms idea since it will be outside and at the end of july.
  • I'm having a bbq theme Aug 14th... Ribs, chicken, potato salad, spaghetti, baked beans and rolls.... Fruit salad and veggie tray... Cake and cookies... Candy buffet... I cant wait... Lol...
  • For you ladies have a bbq a girl I know called it her "baby-q" I thought it was super cute theme for the party cuz its more than a bbq