goodbye pregly this app has finally got to me

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Well I'm leaving I had my baby and to be honest I had a hard pregnancy and when I wrote for support hardly anyone answered there is a lot of favoritism on here and if your not one of the group don't expect to get a lot of support and help.
To those who did reply to me thank you I hope you all have healthy babies.

Comments

• I wish u would reconsider staying on for ftm's with newborn advice.
  • it does suck when u really need help everyones into controversy but anyway congrats on your baby n allllllllllllll the best for the future xx
  • All the best for the future and your family.

I agree, and won't b hanging aroun after my baby arrives.
  • Couldnt agree more. Congrats on your baby tho :)
  • Agreed. Congrats on your baby and good luck with motherhood.
  • Congrates on your baby, I only help if I know how. I'm a first timer myself :)
  • I agree with you Congrats and enjoy your bundle of joy!!!
  • I'm so sorry you didn't get much help. I didn't at first but I think its cause I didn't post often and because there's so many threads its easy for it to get pushed down. I try to answer everyone that needs help if I know I could give good advice.

Congratulations on your baby :)
  • Sorry you weren't satisfied with the amount of responses your posts got. Congrats on the baby and good luck.
  • Conggrats on your baby. I totally understand how u feel, i don't make post often and dont get many replies. I come on more to read more or less, it gives me something to do during my day@ hm w the kids.
  • I don't get it. Not every post gets a ton of responses but pretty much all of your posts were responded to. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary and it doesn't seem that you were slighted in any way. Weird. Well, congrats on your adorable baby. Take care!
  • Congrats on your baby, but I'm sorry to say you cant expect all your posts to be spammed with answers, mines arent and im ok with it , as long as i get one decent answer it doesnt bother me at all.. and i looked at your discussions and all of them were answered. but if you have the need to go, Take care and enjoy your little one
  • Agreed. Congrats
  • I agree with you I have posted things and gone in answered I haven't had my baby but ready to delete this app. There are other apps out their just like this one that work better
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2011
    Seems like u always got some kind or response....I agree with the favoritism but only speaking for myself I pop in and out only response to Sumthn I can open my mouth about...i mainly use google and other parenting websites..there is the internet and books u kno...well beautiful baby...take care mommas good luck with ur newbie!!!
  • I agree that I'll be leaving after my delivery. I have tried to help others who ask but find it just a fun way to connect with others who share my values & concerns. Honestly there are better sources of info.& advice. Good luck in ur journey into motherhood!
  • I'm really sorry you feel that way. I've found pregly to be the best out of Baby Center and What to Expect. Those sites are so congested and this one is more intimate.

I've posted and gotten no response and I've posted and gotten hundreds.

Everything in these pregnancy boards come in with waves. Depending on the trimester, hormons that month and weather oh and time of the day... Everyone my be here all chipper, joking and answering all posts.

If its an irritable time of the month you may get rude comments... Or none at all.

Sometimes when Im on here all I want to read are "vent" stories just to get the juice... Sometimes I roll my eyes at them and I want to be educated through someone's pregnancy problems.

Hopefully like with any other social network you eventually click with a few people and they become your favs or besties ... Thats natural and expected!

Many of us are on bedrest, at home alone all day or only use pregly as a outsource to friends... You'll find these people constantly on here.

Hope you reconsider staying... We're all pregly Family here.
  • I also don't get a ton of response but I don't really care. I usually read the post and comment reather then make my own. And I agree. Some women are on here for friends and someone to talk to. Good luck with your new baby. And congrats
  • Congrats on your baby! I'm not sure what you mean by hardly anyone answering your posts. I looked at your discussions and only a couple were unanswered and they were long ago. It shouldn't be about getting a bunch of responses. It doesn't make anyone a "favorite" if they get more responses, it just means everyone has an opinion about that post. It also really depends on what time of day you get on Pregly. I read a lot of discussions, but I don't have an opinion for all of them. So I don't post if I don't have anything to say. Or if someone has already said what I was thinking. I hope you stay. If someone doesn't answer my discussion, I just look to my doctor for answers. I know there are some harsh people on here with strong opinions, and hurtful words, but I never let them get to me because I know at the end of the day, my opinion is still mine and nobody will change it. I think the favoritism you feel is because a lot of ladies have taken the time and effort to get to know eachother and the mods. I don't know exactly what discussion went on on April 4th, but you were estatic that someone was banned. It sucks when people get banned. Who knows, they could have been having a really bad day. Since your discussions were mostly answered, I hope you change your mind. But if not, good luck to all your endeavors. >:D<
  • @all the main thing that upset me is when I was in hospital updating I got hardly any response when others would get begged for updates and get hundreds of replys.
  • Very well put and I completely agree with @YNVTish I do hope u reconsider... I do have my favs but I always have room for more. Congratulations on your beautiful baby.
  • Sorry to see you leaving.. Least i have you in Facebook.. which Is the way i have given you my support x
  • The majority of posts where "we" beg for updates are by people who post often/comment often and have struck a cord with us, or whose stories/situations we have followed. I'm sorry you felt slighted.
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gatorbob I understand your point about the girl that got banned, I was just meaning that it could happen to anyone. I have enough self control to voice my opinion and then leave the convo (I do stalk discussions every so often). :D When people are banned, it makes me sad because they just don't have the control to leave the convo instead of being hateful and rude. But since they lack that sort of control, yes, they should be banned or atleast warned, I agree totally.
  • Yes it does suck when u need important advice but everyone is replying to "a popluar members" " what did u have for lunch" post. Best of luck to you and congrats on ur baby!
  • edited June 2011
    I gotta be honest I have never seen any of your posts before. I'm in the uk so I'm going to assume we are on time zones and I rarely stalk for updates as I'm to impatient. When I do it is for someone I have really got to know and care about and who has supported me. I'm sorry you feel this way but not every "favourite" on here got so "favoured" without a lot of effort alot of commenting and alot of posts. It takes time to be recognised. Like I said first time ice ever seen a post from you.