Good news today about my twins=)

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Had an amnio on Friday and today the genetics counselor told me that my babies have no major genetic/chromosome issues. No trisomy 13, 18 or any of those or down syndrome. Im very happy, now i just have to pray that my baby girl's heart is just fine. One of my twins will still have to have surgery once born to fix her omphalocele but everything else looks good. Cant wait to meet my baby girls=)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yay. What's wrong with her heart?
  • Thank you @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle and @Samantha one of my twins has a birth defect where the stomach doesn't fully close and some of the baby's insides are outside of the body, her intestines are in a sack where the umbelical cord connects to her stomach. It can be repaired after birth with surgery. Sometimes when babies have this condition they have genetic, chromosome, or heart problems so they will be making sure that all my baby has is the one thing and nothing else major. So far they found no genetic/chromosome issues which is really good.
  • Ah glad to hear those good results!
  • @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle Thanks again. I have a good feeling that everything will be Ok with both of my babies=) I'm 17w3d
  • That's amazing news! Here's to healthy twins :)
  • Thanks ladies, I can't wait until after my baby girl's surgery so I'll know everythings fine but so far they're both looking good
  • Yaaay!! Yaay!!
  • My cousin had twin boys, one also had his stomach on the outside. He had to go into surgery but it went great. Dr says it happens more often then people think. He's now a 2yo and doing great. I'm happy that your girls are doing good. :)
  • Yay! My bestfriend is a nurse and she witnessed the delivery of a baby with omphalocele. The baby survived and surgery was a success. Hope everything goes well! Twin girls, how exciting?! I'm having twin boys. Is this your first?
  • Ill be praying! It's wonderful there's nothing else wrong. It's something they can fix. My best wishes to you! I have identical twin girls. They are 2 wks old today.
  • @jcmommy and @gemini_babies thats good to hear, very encouraging :) And no this isnt my first, i had a baby boy in 08, he was born perfect and healthy but passed away to SIDS at a little past 2mnths(he was with the babysitter when it happened =(( ), so these 2 babies are truely a huge blessing. I've been more than ready to be a mom again. Now my baby girls have a their big brother looking over them and myself.
  • @Mommyof4girls congrats=) wow 4girls, how do you like having all girls?
  • Love it! Id have a boy for hubby but it wasn't in our cards maybe we'll try in a few more yrs. I love pink and girly frilly things so all these girls are so great for me. Even though Im not overly girly for myself.