Pot smokers...i need advice

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Ok so I miss weed! I didnt smoke during my pregnancy but now I want to. In breastfeeding does anyone kno if its ok?..dnt judge me plz keep neg comments to urself thnx

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NO I KNOW A GIRL WHO CPS TOOK HER BABY AND ALL THE OTHER KIDS IN HER HOUSE CUZ THE BABY TESTED POSITIVE FOR WEED ....IF U R GOING TO SMOKE DO NOT BF....TRY TO AT LEAST GO 4 THE 1ST COUPLE WEEKS SO UR BABY CAN GET UR COLLOSTRUM THEM SWITCH TO FIRMULA IF U CAN NOT RESIST ANY LONGER AND DON'T SMOKE IN THE HOUSE WITH THE BABY EITHER
  • I was wondering about the breast milk as well...
  • Same rules as being pregnant

Also if you do stop breast feeding and do smoke (ANYTHING! including cigarettes ) wash your hands and change any clothing that might of come in contact with the smoke, baby can still breath in the toxins (or whatever you wish to call them) from the residue on your clothing.
  • YEA BECAUSE THEIR TINY LITTLE LUNGS CAN'T TAKE IT
  • Thnx ladies ill just hold off then I dont wana risk it
  • i agree with @preggointx , becareful with this thread thou cuz its a touchy topic on here..im not here to judge you but you have to look at it like whats more important your baby, or smoking weed, if you necessarily have to have weed then its best for you to just switch to formula, instead of smoking and breastfeeding , but if you are really into nursing then you should not worry about smoking for a while, sometimes there is things we must give up when we have kids...and weed is not more important than nursing you baby...
  • I wouldnt smoke in the house or around him anyway
  • @septmama I knew it wuld b ytouchy but im sure im not the only one that has this question so I posted it
  • i understand...alot of ppl dont post it cuz they are maybe too embarrased or they dont wanna get bashed...but hey at least you are asking so they shows you care...just was giving you a heads up just incase someone came thru with a negative vibe :)
  • edited June 2011
    I'm not a smoker but just wait until u stop breastfeeding :-)
  • Lol thnx for the heads up @septmama
  • If it crosses the blood/brain barrier then it absolutely crosses into breastmilk...
    Even one hit can stay in your body for days. Weed also gets absorbed into your fats, did you know if you are a heavy smoker and stop then lose weight steadily that it gets released back into your blood system as you lose weight? That's partly why you test positive for it weeks after you stop.

I would just wait it out! It will be worth it in the long run. In a few months you can go back to it, then if you choose, you have the rest of your life to do it :)

Random thought though.... we are all here today, and 100-200 years ago there was nothing against drinking, smoking, caffeine, tobacco, even cocaine (coca-cola!) While prego. Lol.
  • Perhaps u can pump before u smoke. My cousin does it before she drinks.
  • Anything you eat, drink, smoke...... Goes into your breastmilk and is passed to the baby.
  • Lots of women still drink while breastfeeding there is a way to pump before n after Google it.
  • @ghettobetty that works for alcohol because alcohol is metabolized much differently than weed. Alcohol can be eliminated completely within 48 hours or so of heavy drinking.... one shot (one ounce) gets metabolized for every hour, and that's one at a time, and only a rough estimate.
    Weed stays in for much much longer. You would have to pump for quite a few days to make sure its completely out of your system, and that's for like one small bowl... if it tests in your urine it will surely test in your breastmilk
  • I know people who smoke n test clean the next day. Personally I would research it more.
  • i was wondering if they will give me anything for pain (while in the hospital, after delivery) since im breastfeeding .. does anyone know? i totally forgot to ask my dr today b-(
  • Shiddd I get Vicodin after a csection no problem breastfeeding while taking that I guess since its prescribed to me and legal it makes it OK right? LOL
  • @ghettobetty & @bri2186 thanks :)
    i dont handle pain very well and i was scared that i was just going to have to deal with the pain with no help at all :(