Can someone help me understand why the Dr. wont let me have at least a note saying I need to....

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
So I work as a Phlebotomist in a Plasma Center... Donors over a 1000+ a week and about 200 to 260 a day. This means I have to set up machines, stick them, disconnect them..walk back and forth to the lab and floor also bending up and down ( to the floor and up). I come home and to my family which dont forget our Jobs never end you still have cooking, cleaning, giving your child a bath etc. So when I sit down or lay down I have extreme PAIN. So much pressure when I sit or lay down and my muscles feels like its tightening. I cant walk or even get up. I seriously dont rest until 9/10pm bc i know if I do I cant do anything. But in the morning im okay. I do the same thing over and over each day... But its getting annoying...PLEASE ADVICE...I really just want a doctors note saying I need to sit for at least 2 hours of my shift. (8+ hours)...Sorry I'm just venting :D

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • your OB will do that for you. Everyone is different and I walk and do everything cuz i do CNA most of the time, but i don't lift. But your OB should give you a letter and it will just be a temporary one not a life time issue. lol. Stupid ppl are never considerate.
  • Your doctor should give you a note. How far along are you?
  • I was in that same situation. My job is very stressful and I expressed that to my Dr. I was working 5 days a week but wanted to cut back to four days because I already have 5 children. At first my Dr. wrote a note stating that I should have a longer lunch break but I told her that wasn't enough for me. Oneday I sat down and sent my Dr. a very descriptive email kinda like putting her in my shoes and letting her know what I was dealing with at work. In my email I stated that I had an hour plus commute back and forth to work, that I was having major headaches and backaches. I told her basically that I did not want to risk my and my unborn child's health because of the stress. After reading the email, she called my job and told them that I needed a 4 day work week. Now I am happily working at reduced hours and able to be home more with my family. I know this was long but hope it helps you with ideas. You have to take control because no one knows how you feel and after all you are the preggo one.
  • My dr gave me one with all sorts of restrictions but i have preclampsia.
  • @mshahir...The Doctor told me to put up my feet with pillows. Saying its all a part of the pregnancy.

@Moroccanmexicanbaby..I have worked around CNAs before and see what you guys do, very stressful job. At work when I have people having reactions I have to lift their legs up or sometimes when they have extreme reactions I'm holding their arm down..trying to keep them awake..etc. But the only time I sit is with my 10 min breaks in the morning, my 30min lunch then a 10min afternoon break. We dont have breaks from donors..We get a rush then when it stops...We get another rush of donors. It never STOPS :-(

@MommyLovesSparkle...I am 29 weeks and 4 days

@dawtalove...Thank you. I felt like I had a five min. talk with my doctor but she didnt listen to me bc she had it set in her mind that...thats just what pregnancy is.

@eaparker...Sorry to hear about the preclampsia. I have no problem with anything just the fact I'm in PAIN :-(
  • Well try not to eat salty nor spicy. And u may try to wear some leggings for the swelling and keep the blood flowing. You can buy those at the pharmacy. I hope this helps. And yes tell your Ob that u need your time off!
  • Stupid ob drive me insane.