doctor was horrible

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
First doc appointment today and the obstetricin was an arshole. I get in there and the first thing he says is 'so why r u here ?' I was like r u serious ? He spoke down to me like I should no what's going on. Told me I WON'T b having an ultra sound for another 4weeks and when I questioned that he made me feel about 10 inches tall . He then weighed me took my blood pressure and then sent me out and said come back in 4weeks . I was in tears when I left . When I got hone I called up to get what date my appointment was and the arshole hadn't even booked me in . So i made a complaint about him and booked in to c another doctor. But now I still feel confused is my bubby ok it what ? Thought doctors were ment to b there to help .. trying to stay calm but its just really made me feel like crap. Anyone else had probs with doctors and what did u end up doing ..

Comments

• I wasn't fond of my first doctor who was recommended by my baby fathers mother. I got a new Dr. ASAP! This is the person who will be delivering your child. Try a woman doctor maybe.
  • Thanks heaps , that's a really good point and great idea xxx xx
    hope all is going well for u too
  • Some doctors get so caught up in how wonderful they think they are they have no compassion or bedside manner left. I love my doc and is also a female. Do not go back to that jerk.you have time, so find a doc that YOU are comfortable with and that you feel listens to you and your concerns. You don't need to be stressing right now so blow him off and keep looking for a new doc. You could also try looking the clinic up online, sometimes they have bios on the docs that may help you choose. Some clinics will also let you have a conference appt with docs to see if they are right for you. Good luck!!
  • Mnbaby thanks heaps that means a lot xxx
    Hoe far along r u ? Hope all is going well and glad to here u' ve found a good one :)
  • Do not settle for a bad OB dr...i did with my first two because I thought thats how it was supposed to be and I was way wrong! My new team of docs are AMAZING! ask around for opinons or referrals...good luck
  • Cheers sweets xx
    defiantly will thanks heaps will let u all know how I go :)
  • Agree! I had to go past 2 doctors before I ended up using a certified nurse midwife because I really wanted a woman to deliver me & I live in a small town; I was nervous about not having a 'doctor' deliver my first baby but she was an absolute angel before, during & after my baby was born. She even set up an EXTRA ultrasound for my husband & I because we just really wanted to see the baby again! I would totally recommend a CNM; they're fantastic, understanding & very attentive. Good luck!
  • I agree - try a midwife. I had one for my first pregnancy and she always had plenty of time to answer my questions and talk through any concerns. There's not much a doctor can tell about a pregnancy at this point but it sounds like he ignored you and blew you off - things a doctor shouldn't do.
  • Yw and I am 11 1/2 wks with my third. I have 2 boys 5 and 3. Just remember not to settle for bad doc...u will have lots of questions and concerns and need a doc willing to listen and reassure. Good luck to all!
  • @September make sure you cancel your appt, before he charges you a fee
  • Remember , you choose a Dr. To serve you. You pay them to take care of you. You have every right to find someone who makes you comfortable. You don't buy a car until your happy with one, don't just settle for the first Dr to get you in.
  • Thanks every one for the advice but most of all the support . I rang an made an appointment with a new doc an have also found out my massuse's wife is a mid wife an said I can call her any time!! feeling so much better :) luv yas all xxx
  • I know how u feel. I'm five months along and I have met my dr one time only...my appointments are always getting rescheduled and the one time I did meet him he was in such a rush that he was walking out the door as I was trying to ask him something. I was referred to him by 3 friends..but I'm not sure this will work for me
  • Screw him !!! Don't put up with that heather that is just plane rude deffinatly re schedule with someone else . Is this your first too? Hope you find someone . Grrr god doctors that think they know everything shit me . Bet he doesn't even have kids of his own .. xxx