swelling..

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I had a doctor appt today and we discussed my right foot swelling up bad sometimes..he said everything seemed fine BUT he wants to keep an eye on it for blood clots! Bah. Has anyone else had this happen?

Comments

• Meeeee! Just don't let that leg/foot rest a lot! Keep it moving. And wear support hose!
  • @fate I don't think I'm ever laying down long enough besides at night. My mom yells at me because I refuse to lay around all day ergo..leg is constantly moving. It swells more when I am out and about.
  • Try support hose. They help a lot!
  • @fate is there any specific brand of the hose I need to try?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I bought mine at Walmart. I don't remember the brand. :(
  • @angeliaandme I keep it elevated at night and during the day when I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off lol and water has been a major must lately. I hate the heat!

@fate okily dokily :) thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi. I'm having the same issue now myself. My right leg is swollen some. I press down & it leaves a dent but not on the left. Now its tingling as well. I've Googled but found nothing really. Got to the dr on Wed & ima tell my ob/midwife. This is something new to me.
  • My right leg is also much worse than my left and mine leaves dents as well. It also us very sore where the swelling us bad in my foot. Wish i knee what wash goibg on
  • @ape7998 me too. I don't understand the tingling.like it wants to fall asleep. I hope it goes away but I'm still.mentioning it to the dr.
  • Its pregnancy edema. I was also checked for clots...they usually will check u especially if one leg is worse ...they told me is normal just the way he is laying! ! None get so big I can't bend them..just drink alot of water and put them up when u can. Good luck
  • I've had swelling in my feet and hands and every morning when I wake up my hands and feet hurt like I had been working them out or have artheritis (however you spell it) it started about 3 weeks ago. Is anyone experiencing this? Dr. Said it was normal as well.
  • @aihmommy my hands hurt really bad and tingle...dr said is pregnancy carpel tunnel!! Good luck
  • Good to know I had yet to hear that term... thanks for the info.