help x

edited June 2012 in Parenting
x

Comments

• Try carols daughter or shea moisture products. Shea moisture can be found in target. Target also has a lot of other lines to use too like taliah wajiid products. Carols Daughter can b found in sephoria or macys. :)
  • edited July 2011
    @bee0726 does it make the hair oily.. i don't like when it looks oily either lol but ty i'll check macys and target
  • I use curly q organic childrens line but my kids hair have super curly hair so idk how it wuld make hers look. Wow its beautiful wish my kids was that long.
  • edited July 2011
    You can also try silk therapy; Chi & Bio Silk make them. It makes it soft, tangle free, non-greasy & is made of natural silk so it isn't going to damage or dry it like mousse, gel, grease, etc will. I have soft, thick, naturally curly hair, I use silk therapy every day.
  • Try pink lady .. its for afro-caribean hair it smells lovlyyyy too
  • Unfortunately when trying new products its gonna depend on the hair and trial and error. You have to try different things to see if they work. I've gone thru LOTS of hair products and carols daughter hair milk line works well for me and is mild enough for childrens hair. I would start with the least expensive products then go from there. Bc there is really no telling jus by looking at her hair how a particular hair product will make it look. Go to sites like www.naturallycurly.com or www.curlynikki.com also there is a post on this particular blog that this girl has and her daughter has biracial hair its www.themoptopmaven.com if u search her blog type in daughter and it should bring up the post about her daughters hair an what products she uses on it. Ur daughters hair actually looks just like her daughters hair. Hope these sites help! Goodluck!!!
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo thanks, i actually took this pic a while ago when i tried asking on yahoo answers so her hair is longer now. her hair was only cut once. i was so mad in her kindergarten class this boy snipped off the end of her pony tail! then i had to fix it. damn kids, lol how much does curly Q cost? i think i googled and saw that before..

@MrsDelRae that sounds like what i am looking for. where would i find that at and around how much does it cost ?

@mummytuube where do they carry that at?

@bee0726 wow that sounds like a plan. lol i think i will try the inexpensive ones first and i will check out those websites too. i am just lost because noone in my family has had curly hair so i have to figure this all out on my own.

ty all :)
  • I get it at either Costco, Ulta or CVS; but almost anywhere shampoos, hair products (most stores) you'll find it. I also occasionally use moroccan oil if I have recently colored it or have used flat irons/blowdryer to help give it an extra layer of protection. The Bio Silk is about $12, the Chi is a bit more (about twice the cost) but the Chi is a little thicker. I just hate using more chemical based or grease based products, it kills your hair, scalp & leaves a greasy residue.
  • Try just for me products n her hair there cheap n it work u can find them at wal mart n any beauty supply . Shes only 7 & It will work wonders it wont mke her hair hard or greasy
  • They sell it in most afro caribean shops and also another one is dark n lovly thats also for kids and adults they sell That in all chemists but if from uk
  • Omg I wulda been soo mad lol. Curly q is kinda pricey its jus the only thing that don't make his oily cuz his is very thin like newborn baby hair ! An it holds his curl realy good. My hubby (black) has very damaged dry hair from relaxers an he puts the morrocan oil (the bottle says argan oil) from sallys on his an its makes it very shiny an condionted. An I put sum in my sons an didn't make it oily so u culd maybe try that.
  • There arw a tooon of products you.can try. It really depends on how much you wanna spend and whatnot.
    Whatever you are looking for, look for a product thats creamy and sticky, rather than a gel or oil. Scrunch it un when its wet.
    My mom has curly hair but doesnt like to spend too much, so i used to get her this product called noodlez by bedhead, You can buy it at sallys beauty supply.
    But really there are so many diff curly hair product lines. Just go for the creamy ones:)
  • @cee808 try a product called mixed chicks its amazing.
  • Have you tried spraying it with setting lotion? Your daughters hair is beautiful by the way
  • I would keep it simple with clear hair gel and hair mousse specially for curls!!! You dont wanna damage her hair at such a young age using something to strong!
  • Curly, and wavy hair Are hard to manage. Oh my, even i quit using products and just use water and conditioner.
  • My mother is biracial and she uses water and oil mositurizer and it turns out so pretty but I hate flat ironing it because it takes forEVER! But your daughter hair is gorgeous!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't use anything on my hair except shampoo, conditioner and hair gel (to keep from looking like Don King at the forehead). The conditioner detangles and its just suave. My aunt used just for me on my hair and I hated it. My mom let use whatever I liked.
  • Wow she has gorgeous hair! But her hair doesn't look necessarily like "biracial" hair, it just looks curly. My hair is curly but I straighten it most of the time so I"m not sure what products for curly hair to use. I also dont like mousse because it gives that hard look that I hate
  • edited July 2011
    @Proud_mommyof2 i did try those.. i found it at walmart but i didn't really like it because of the smell lol

@mummytuube oh ok idk if the have afro carribean shops in hawaii

@Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo yeah i did see it then! but it was expensive so i didn't order it lol but if u say its good then maybe i should. since it is for kids i don't wanna put adult products in her hair.

@kay_la_la ok thanks! i have tried a bunch of stuff but i can't find what i'm looking for. so far i find that serum works best on her hair but i'll try look for some cream products. i don't wanna spend too much and use anything to harsh on her hair tho since shes just a kid lol

@sopheebaybee143 and @Mommy_of_two thanks! should i look online or what stores carry them?i never heard of that

@Trisharose TY :) but no i haven't tried setting lotion. i am so clueless. i usually always have her hair up and i just spray it with condtioner mixed with water for now. but when i leave her hair down i use serum,
  • If ur not looking for anything to hold curl maybe try the morrocan oil every one says its incredible.
  • Have u lookd at sallys beauty supply they have a line called silken child its not as expensive as curl q . I haven't tried it but my SIL works there an Sed they sell a lot of it suppose to have silk proteins in it or sumthn like that.
  • @ashley_happy yeah i don't like how gel or mousse makes her hair look. i wanna have it so it just looks like theres nothing in it. lol i know i don't wanna put strong product in her hair thats why i posted to see what other people put in their kids hair. someone posted about curly Q which i looked into before its a kids line for mixed hair but its soo pricey i might just give it a try.

@Moroccanmexicanbaby thats what i use on her everyday. i have a spray bottle and i mix conditioner with water to put her hair up in ponytails but it doesn't work well with just leaving her hair down. its cheaper to do it this way then to buy a detanglers lol

@JuneBug ty :) yeah i know theres a bunch of stuff for us adults but since shes a kid i was wondering what people use for their kids.. all the kids lines i see that look good are super pricey tho

@potato LOL i know what u mean. i bought that once just for me.. and i hated it. the smell was awful. for now i just use a spray bottle and mix water and conditioner to detangle her hair but it works good if i leave her hair up. i'm looking for something that would keep her hair manageabke if it was down. her hair gets all tangled up.

@ExcitedForOctober lol thats why i said curly or biracial hair because i know her curls aren't as tight but shes half black so she may have the hair type? idk haha but ty. and yes i hate mousse and gel. thats the look i am not looking for. i want it to be able to be down and look like nothings in it. if i leave her hair down its will frizz and get tangled.
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo thanks i may have to look for everything online because i don't know where or if hawaii has sally beauty supply and i have never seen morrocan anything lol
  • I have hair like that too, I use either just for me pink moisture or regular pink moisturizer :)
  • Lol. O ok really hope u find Sumthn I no how u feel took me forever to find sumthn that did ok on my sons hair I've bought everythang I can find in stores an didn't like any of it eithr.
  • Cheapest way to go is the tousle me softly mouse or totally twisted mouse by herbal essences there like 3 dollars and smell really good I use it all the time hope it helps (:
  • @cee808 my mom found t in some stores idk where but I'd search online &&most ppl just use the leave in conditioner
  • yeah i definitely wouldnt use a mousse.. especially a cheap one. 90% of the time theyre made with alcohol.

but yeah garnier does have a curl cream that isnt too bad, plus its cheap:) i totally understand where youre comin from! Just stick with creamy and ya cant go.wrong:)