Hair bows :)

edited July 2011 in Just for Fun
Ok ladies... so I've decided that I want to make my own hair bows and head bands at home for my little girl... Any ladies that do this and want to give some advice... I thought about on just going on youtube and learning how to do them there lol

Comments

• I had that idea to ! I couldn't do it for nuthn it was harder then it lookd lol but it wuld be soo much cheaper! Good luck with it . :)
  • I use to work for yellaribbon its a cheerleading bow company. I can make it all headbands and all ask away! I think they sell he to make their bows too. Check out the site its yellaribbon.com they are incredibly expensive though!
  • Yea see id rather just make my own for cheap lol
  • My sister makes them & beanies & blankets too! I'm not sure where she gets da material for da bows & beanies tho dere too cute!!
  • I know how to make all their stuff though so if ya need help just let me know!
  • @prayin4aBOY my email is sp1319@txstate.edu if u have any pics of what u know how to make
  • My sister makes all kinds of super cute hairs bows and headbands. She was hoping I was having a little girl so she could make tons. But I'm having a boy, so she will just have to keep making them for her girls.
    She started making them from reading blogs of women who make bows and different tutorials online.
  • @jadelman0211 can u please ask her what blogs and tutorials she used
  • I saw on eBay where you can buy crochet head bands along with those cute flower clips in bulk sizes for cheap.
  • ME! I just went to New York and bought all types of flowers, feathers, bands, ect. I bought rosettes and some other things on Ebay. I'm also doing crochet flowers. I'm so into it I'm thinking of selling them.
  • @mommys1stbundle help me learn!!!! Lol
  • @jcmommy ima have to go look
  • Just ordered 24 crochet headbands and 12 flower clips off ebay!!! Now gonna learn how to make boutique bows...my baby gonna be stylish!!!!!
  • @newmomma13 Sure. Ill post some pics when I get started. The crochet ones are going to take a little longer cause I had to brush up on my crochet skills. I got all my ideas from online. When I saw I saw some of them wanted $20 for a newborn headband I knew I could make them for cheaper. I paid way less than that for the materials in bulk at the wholesale district in New York. Plus I have extra to make some and sell.
  • @mommys1stbundle yes I went online to what and found this lady who would sell me 12 crochet headbands for like $3 so I go 24 cause that's 24 colors and she had flowers so that you can put on them I'm just going to attach an alligator clip so that I can switch out the flower depending what she's wearing that day...but do u think I should like hand wash the headbands cause u know u gotta wash ask the babys stuff before she gets here
  • @newmomma13 here is a blog my sister writes, she has some tutorials on there for bows and I'm sure she can answer any questions you may have about making bows.
    Also if you are just wanting to buy them, she sells things she makes as well.

http://confessionsofanotsodomesticgoddess.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/i-made-some-more-stuff/

sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about it.