What I hate doing to a newborn is......

edited July 2011 in Babies
Taking out their boogers :( why is it so difficult. Everytime I try my Bella just screams and starts crying shr doesn't like it :(

Comments

• I remember that! Taking them for shots too is god awful. Hope her congestion gets better!
  • i agree with @jamie77 i hate the shots.. that and taking their temp.. they never stay still and that makes it hard, especially since i am not a rectal temp taker so i am stuck with either a Bink thermo or the under the arm thing.. was thinking of investing in a forehead one tho.. but a lot of reviews said they suck
  • cleaning up the poop that goes up their back...ewww so nasty...
  • @jamie77 and @kalikoJenie I also hate shots :(
    @septmama my older daughter always used to poop alot and that always happened ugh did I hate to change her pampers
  • yea its not cool... :0&
  • I have two boys and im having another one and I hate putting vasoline on their circumcision
  • Giving them a bath. Ugh.
  • @jcmommy Why don't you like giving baby a bath?
  • Filing nails down.. My LO gets so fussy
  • @blueberrysmom when my son was newborn, he would cry bloody murder when I stripped him naked for one. Even warm towels and all wouldn't work.
  • @Seifer12211 oh yeah i dont like that either.. my ex would just bite thier nails off and they didnt seem to squirm as much..
  • edited July 2011
    New mom here. I have just taken my little man for his first set of shots (2months) and let's just say when it was all done he looked up at me and gave me the look of what the hell and than proceeded to suck in every bit of air in the room and he let go. That day we found a new cry. It broke my heart into a million pieces. So shots for me gata be the worse.
  • I hate cleaning the boogers out too. Sometimes he'll sleep through it.. Score! Lol

@aalamillo omg I hated doing that witg my son it made me sooo nervous. My fiance did it the first couple times because I was scared :( its all healed up now! :)
  • I'm scared to wash my baby girls vagigi because I think I'm hurting her.
  • @grissy_barria I guess just be thankful she is healthy and full of snot. My 3 1/2 year old walked up to me and said "here you go mom " drops something into my hand and with the cutest smile "its a booger"...how cool are moms that talk about booggers? Never thought I would type that word out lol
  • oh i hate taking them for shots...i cried w my son when he got his, almost wanted to knock out the nurse lol...wasnt her fault. i also dont like to clean their umbilical cord til it falls off, always afraid its gonna pull by mistake.
  • Og man shots when my son got his shots at two it literally took six drs to hold him down they asked if I could help I said I can't I was to hurt
  • Man I forgot about all those things ...ughh. umbilical cord, circumcision, boogers, shots, first baths depending on baby some don't like. Man. Thanks for reminding though.
  • I hate in n out of car cause i gotta leeb over a toddler n im pretty short n she always cries
  • My daughter isn't due till november 21 but I hated taken my neice to the er and watching them take her temp w. A rectal thermomiter the look on her face I almost lost it and yelled at the nurse but my sister was ok about it...
  • What I hated with my daughter was wiping the liquid poop from her girly parts. I thought it'd hurt her & if I didnr clean it enough, I was afraid she'd get an infection.
  • I hate having to change MY clothes when doing a diaper change on boys and they wait for the perfect moment and pee all over u. I swear they know what they r doing cuz they get that smile like " yes I know what I'm doing is wrong and since u didn't keep my wee wee covered u totally deserved getting peed on!"