*new* to pregly

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Hi! I am new to Pregly, well, sort of. I have been observing for about 4 1/2 months! lol! My hubby calls me the "Pregly stalker" LOL!!! I wasn't able to figure out how to join until I got the bright idea to email mamakat P.S. THANK YOU!!! Anyways, I have already gotten tons of advice (and PLENTY of good laughs) from all of you girls, and want to say "thanks." Here's a little about myself, seeing as to how I feel like I already know some of you! I am 31, married since 02/17/07. We live in San Jose, CA. We have 2 kids, a 13 year old son, and a daughter who will be 2 on the 15th and one on the way, due 12/9/11. I'm so excited to be mom again! We had no trouble conceiving our son, (I guess we were "fertile mertles" at ages 16 & 17...lol) but in the almost 2 years before were blessed with our daughter, we had a very hard time and in turn we have 3 angel babies. After our daughter was born, we decided we wanted another baby, but because we tried SO hard and had so much heartbreak, we decided we were not going to plan nor were we going to prevent, we would simply hope for the best. Here we are, 17 weeks 1 day into it and feeling extremely fortunate. So, I have a bit of a few areas under-my-belt, so to speak, teen pregnancy, border line preemie (my son was born over 4 weeks early, 13 years ago that was considered an "early" baby) hormone therapy, miscarriage, I am high risk due to a diving accident I had when I was 14 (crushed C4, in which too much weight gain or baby getting too big can cause major problems for me as far as my neck goes, in turn, problems for baby) my daughter however was only 3 days early!!! Where I'm having a very hard time is that I have an overwhelming feeling that because we didn't try as hard for this baby, something may go wrong, almost as though I didn't study for the test and passed with flying colors and even though I'm beyond excited, I feel almost as though I don't deserve it. Please keep in mind that my pregnancies that didn't "stick" didn't go beyond 8 weeks, so I want and am trying to feel like everything is okay and will be okay. We find out next tuesday, the 5th if the boys or girls in our house rule, baby will b e our "tie-breaker" =D I am SO, SO sorry this is SO long, don't worry, future posts shouldn't be because they will most likely be done from my phone, and that small, swipe-to-text screen doesn't work very well with my for now swollen fingers, lol! If anyone has any words that may help calm my worries, I would honestly appreciate it! Thanks girls!!!

Comments

• Well welcome :) n congrats on making it to 17 weeks that's exciting n a blessing keep ur head up I'm sure all will be fine with this little one. I vote team pink! Lol I'm having a girl myself out of everyone I know that has had kids they say girls r easier n it seems like it to me lol I can't wait for my little one I only have about a month left :D
  • WELCOME!! Congrats on making it to 17 weeks so far!! :) Chances are everything will be okay!! Like you said your angel babies left us much earlier on. I'll continue to hope the best for you guys!! :) I'm 27 weeks as of yesterday and a first time mom due Oct 1st with a girl! :) I honestly just this past week started feeling okay about my baby making it all the way. I've had no complications but just natural worries since it's my first. My baby now has about 80% chance of survival if born today. That's reassuring to me. :)
  • Hi and welcome :) congrats on the pregnancy... I'm also due with baby #3 in december. This baby will be a tie breaker too haha
  • THANK YOU GIRLS!!!
    Mommakk88-congrats! Im hoping us girls will win this one too!
    Mrsforsee-congratulations! Every pregnancy is exciting and scarry in its own way, I completely understand! ;) and thank you!
    Cee808-thank you! when do find out if boys really do drool and girls really do rule? (although, clearly girls do rule either way...lol)
    Sorry, I dont know how to tag people just yet!
  • @honeybee Thank you :) this is my first n the first grandchild on both sides so we are very excited but between her getting some of me n my fiance we r in for some trouble lol good luck to u n keep us posted on what u find out ill keep my fingers crossed for a girl
  • Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome!! To tag just put @ then the persons screen name (no spaces) and they will get a notification. I think getting pregnant is often easier when you are less stressed and just having fun. I think you need to stay sane so don't think of it like you didn't want this baby as much, you had to have a tactic to keep going and living!
  • Lol I find out on july 11th... I can't wait! :) lets keep eachother posted
  • Welcome to pregly!
  • Welcome!!!!! Glad you decided to post! :)
  • @mommakk88 thats so exciting, that was our same situation with our son! Im sure she will be beyond perfect!
    @littlenat86 thanks for the info! Hopefully im doing it right and it actually works! Lol!!!
    @cee808 I definitely will, i'll be waiting to find out your tie breaker! Are you hoping for a boy or girl?
    @dawtalove thanks!!!
  • @babynumber2 thank you, I am too! ;)
  • welcome to pregly :)
  • Welcome to Pregly
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welcome to pregly. We are due on the same day :D that's cause we rocked the middle of march LOL! This is my second buy mine and my husbands fourth. Im damn sure it's a boy but find out on 14 for sure!!!! I'm so excited someone else has my edd
  • Hello and welcome, I was a stalker too until I joined :>
  • Welcome! Glad to have you here! I'm 28 and pregnant with my first, a boy :) im due oct 4th and very excited...
  • Welcome to Pregly. Try not to stress-yur Gumdrop is safe and secure-and at 17 wks, growing strong and healthy everyday :) all is well! :)
  • well...i'm leaning more and more towards girl as time gets closer LOL. what about u?
  • @honeybee thank u :) I sure hope so
  • Yep it worked! Ha ha! :-)
  • Welcome to pregly >:D<
  • Welcome! >:D<
    I started off as a STALKER too....now I'm one of "them" >:-)

Congrats on the tie-breaker BTW.....it must be really overwhelming and exciting to have a teenager AND a newborn on the way! :-ss
  • Congrats, Its so nice to meet you! Just try to think positive..You deserve your baby, and your baby deserves you!! :D