who is having an elective c-section??

edited June 2011 in Third Trimester
Please give reasons lol

Comments

• Do you want one?
  • I may have one even if I dnt want to lol, but I'm considering it since I have a small "cervix" my mom had to get 3 for the same reason. So ill now nxt appt
  • I'm have one. Scared to try a vbac and my babies are large.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm having one. Same reason as @sands3
  • You can chose to have a c-section ?
  • no affence but why??? would you want a c-sec..? its a much harder recovery, a scare, and its harder to hold your baby, its painful.. and you may find your support isnt as good as you thought it would be.. i do most of the work when it comes to the newborns.. and i think most moms do too.. and its not easy .. good luck but i would think twice.. oh yeah you dont get that first two hours with your baby.. cause your in a major surgery.. i loved having my babies placed directly on my chest.. and getting that first few minutes of bonding time.. and alot of my friends whove had emergency c secs were sad about what they missed out on.. just saying .. girl .. i know its nerv racking waiting .. believe me i know.. both my boys were ten days over and i had to be induced.. but you wont be preg forever.. just let nature take its course.. and you will get there.. :X
  • I personally loved my c section! My recovery was fast and easy. No, you don't get that time right away with baby, but for me..I was in labor for 23 hours and wouldn't dilate past 6cm. My Dr told me if my babies are over 8lbs, I need a c section, my son was 8lbs 10 oz. I was put thru hell just to have needed him cut out anyway...that's why I'm chosing to have a c section. I prefer it over a vaginal delivery after watching my sister give birth.
  • I've been considering one. Still not 100% sure. :/
  • if i can get that far I will. Probably at 35 weeks. My risk for abruption in labor is too high.
  • in those cases though its not really elective.. your choosing the safer option.. and thats the right thing for you.. and i commend you ladies for doin so.. elective to me is when you have no reason what so ever to get one.. big babies run in my fam and my last baby was 8lbs 12oz.. and i pushed him out.. but my body was probably made to push out big ones.. ugh.. and lol.. im praying this one isnt bigger like they say can happen with each subsequent baby.. xing my fingers.. and good luck to those of you who have to cause its safer.. your good mommys for wanting to do whats best for both of you.. cause babies need there mommas.. :X
  • edited June 2011
    I'm still debating. I went through 15 hours of labor, 30 min of pushing, and wound up in the scariest situation I could've ever imagined and had an emergency c. Wouldn't it be ideal if we could all push our baby's out, but sometimes nature has other plans. This time, there are risks either way (just like anyone deciding whether to vbac) and I'm still weighing them. At this point, neither choice seems right, so I'll be thinking about it for a while, I'm sure!
  • @BensMama i think because theres a chance even though it may be small.. for an abruption and you want more kids then why take the chance.. i know i would have one if i had too.. good luck to you and sorry you had to deal with that situation.. ugh.. one of my worst fears is a c sec.. because something might be wrong with my lil one.. scary situation
  • I never want a c sec again. Hopefully I can do a vbac next time.
  • Going for my second csection and I'm happy about it!! Giving birth vaginally or by csection both have their risks...I'm not good with pain so csection is for me ..a little longer healing and a scar but I think its worth it
  • I scared as shit for a c section.I don't want my belly to be cut. Never ever! I will never WANT a c section. I would have to be an emergency to save lives or I'm not having it.
  • @blueeyes1246 u have the I idea I have. Lol I hate doctors I need it to be a quick process. Ill deal with the after paid. But if I dnt need one then I guess I won't push it but I'm already a nervous wreck lol
  • Having one because I want my tubes tied. But the doctor is still deciding if they want to or not so if they decide they don't want to then I will do vback.
  • Baby #1 was an emergency c-section after 3 failed inductions due to high blood pressure, not getting passed 3 cm, and then my daughters heart rate dropping and my blood pressure dropping. This baby, #2, will be a scheduled section on my due date...which my OB agreed to do that I can attempt a VBAC if I go into labor on my own prior to my due date.

Reasons for a second section are...scarred cervix that is probably the cause for not being able to dilate, epidurals do not work for me, avoid what I went through before, and so I can plan to have DH here (he travels a lot) and family to help with my daughter since we have no family here.
  • Just had one...monday...going home...great experince
  • @mommiesandra was it planned? I'm glad ur feeling great and congrats!!!
  • Yes it was....it went great....
  • I want one cause I'm scared of the pain I'm tarrified and I know holding my little girl I forget about it but I saw me sister go through some pritty bad back labor and I just remember seeing her face and crying cause I couldn't make it stop for her*I raised me little sister so I'm like her mom* it scares me sooooo bad
  • I'm having a csection also in 2weeks yay! but I prefer it idk I've always wanted to do natural but it kind of scares me I also had a csection with my first it was fine my stomach went completely flat as soon as they took him out lol pain was nothing I couldn't handle honestly this pregnancy(2nd) is worst than having a csection I've never been in so much pain. it sucks I wont have the experience of natural birth but I'm hoping to atleast experience my water break cause I didn't with my first.
  • @0911Mommyof2 im glad you had a good experience....and I hope all goes as good with this one. im so tempted to tell the doc to just butcher me LOL

@darknesofnigh4u im terrified myself...and it took me until now to realize im more scared of natural birth than i am of having my stomach cut open.
  • aww thanks and same too u! and r u considering getting a csection?
  • @0911MommyOf2 I'm considering and also may have no choice...either way I'm terrified of doctors lol
  • My first was an emergency after 3 days of labor...was up walking within 2 hours after.
    2nd was emergency because of an infection in my tummy and she was 3.5 weeks early. Again up walking asap and was home in 3 days taking care of newborn & a toddler.
    3rd was scheduled...was in a room holding my baby and nursing him less than 30 minutes later. Home in 2 days and was able to take care of a 4 year old, 2year old and newborn.
    I didn't use pain meds just motion with any of them. Not because I'm super woman but because it is possible to make it without and between that and making sure i was up and moving asap i recovered quickly. I don't know that elective are a good thing but if your Dr believes that you will risk your life or babysitter life then you have to do what is best for you. Also not everyone's body is made to deliver large babies...everyone is different. C-sections don't have to be a horror story!
  • edited July 2011
    If it was up to me between a vag delivery and csection I would choose csection. Especially planned. You go in get an iv get an epi. Lay down and within 20 mins its over with.. You dont feel pain or see them cutting you.. everyone including the doctors are usually having their own conversations..You can laugh and chat with your signifigant other to distract you..or just to pass time. Sometimes you can request to have a radio turned on.. Or wear your head phones and listen to music.. And While they are fixing you back up your still with ur baby.. The arm with the IV is normally strapped down.. Not tight tho.. But your other arm sometimes isnt.. I think it was only once that it was and i asked them to take it off so I can touch my baby..Its not like they dont let you see or kiss or touch your baby..your s.o. Can even hold the baby.. you go back to your room and they bring the baby to you..and you can breastfeed or whatnot. Some ladies dont cope well with the pain afterwards and so its not as easy for them to deal with the recovery..my first csevtion was the hardest bc i had never had surgery before so i had no.idea what to expect.. But it wasnt any worse that the contractions. i personally had no problems. Of course its not going to feel good, i mean its surgery, but taking the medications helped with pain and moving around really helped with the recovery time..i tried giving birth. I was in labor for 14 hours pushed for 2 and then they told me she was faced the wrong way so we had to do a csec. I was upset because i had no idea what was going to happen and i was exhausted and my body was hurting and i heard so many bad things about csections. But after the csection I was so thankful that it was quick and easy unlike labor that I changed my mind on how horrible csections are.