Just got back from my appointment and...

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Tested negative for group b strep! One less thing to worry about have in my iv. Yay!

Comments

• I also tested neg.. which suprised me seeing as how i had tested positive with my first two, but it is an in and out thing lol... :) no iv meds needed then :)
  • @KalikoJenie Really? Here, if you test positive, you have to have penicilin with your iv so you don't pass it to the baby. I was suprised I tested neg. 7 of my cousins who've had babies had it.
  • well they tested me a week ago and I'm negative now. It changes or comes and goes.. you can be neg one preg and positive the next or vice versa..
    And I would get a dif antibiotic because I'm allergiv to penicillin
  • Yay... Im neg too
  • Aww goodie for u guys but I testd positive n the beginning of my pregnancy...so I hav to the iv :(
  • I went into labor before I could get tested with my first. I go in for it on thursday, what exactly do they do? And do they check for dialating or your cervix at the same time?
  • edited July 2011
    They swab ur vajayjay n outside of ur rectum..
  • @LittleBuddy0811 no, they don't check you at the same time. For the group b strep, they just take a q tip, and swab the inside of your vajay and down to your butt and that's it. No pain or anything.
  • @beauty0710 like how early in pregnancy..? Just cuz you were positive then doesn't mean you will be later on.. I think when I had tests at the hospital in april I tested pos, but this one was neg.. but my midwife wasn't sure where a positive test result came from but she knows I'm neg now
  • N the very beginning but my doctr treated ne with antibiotics and its no longer cumn up n my urine but thy still treat u I guess jus n case
  • Ya i got that news too! Im so glad i can walk n shower this time yay!