Your small for 8 months

edited July 2011 in Health
So today I make 30weeks or some say 8 months. Yay me and 10 weeks to go. But you know what im so tired of hearing....." You are small for 8 months " .....yes I kno I look like 4/5 months and smaller than others. It frightens me because I feel like im doing something wrong. Maybe im not eatting enough or the baby doesnt eat. Its bad enough ppl think I starve my self ....

What to do in my situation?

Comments

• Step one: Just go by what your dr says and don't worry about those other folks. Last time I checked they probably don't have medical degrees.

Step two: punch them in the throat. Maybe then they'll keep their observations to themselves.

Step three: enjoy your pregnancy! :ar!
  • edited July 2011
    @blueberrysmom your right lol and If have to punch em in the throat I will lol im not tryna be pregnant in jail...lol :ar!

@kaloriesxcierre she said I was.measurin fine but last time I went I was 29 weeks measuring 27
  • Like te op said if the doc says everything is fine the screw everyone else. When I was pregant with my first I decided to change hospitals at 7 months, so I had to change clinics. I was filling out forms and the lady made a commet about me being 4 months I said no I'm actually 7 months. She gave me the stankest look. Like I waited 7 months before I decided to get prenantal care, what a ditz.lol You're fine, just think you only have 10 more weeks to hear the nonsense. Or you never know some women POP towards the end
  • I have this problem.
    People tell me they were my size at 6 months.. Im just like whats your point? My baby is measuring fine. Just because I am not huge doesnt mean anything. You should be congratulating me for not having to worry about losing a bunch of weight after I have her.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have this problem too! Im due today and people are like i cant believe that you are due you are so tiny. Gets very old because im like grr she is probably gonna be late. But she is measuring fine and we are both healthy so i guess thats all that matters
  • I'm 22+1 and I'm seven pounds less than when I got pregnant. I just arch my back and poke out my tummy so folks actually notice Blueberry. Baby is fine so I'm good!
  • Throat punch and run! Can't put you in jail if they can't catch you! :ar!
  • edited July 2011
    Oh chica i get this ALL the time through out my whole pregnancy im 29weeks today .. ppl always tell me my stomach is soo small and i look like im 4 months.. but i mean hey im small and my doctor said that the baby is measuring just fine im just all baby.. so dont let ppl get to you.. ppl are just jealous they cant be smaller like us i rather be this size then been huge i havent gained any extra weight or body fat all my weight gain is the baby its soo crazy that when she moves i can feel her body part lol
  • you guys are right!!!

@blueberrysmom ur right..... So next person to deny me food of any sort is gettin throat punched. Lol

@mshahir lol my kung fu panda has been trained wit jet li and on her way.for a black belt.....she kicks so much it scares my bf at times lol

@luvbump thats tru I only gained like 10lbs I can drop that in.2 weeks im too active.... I feel bad for women that are 5 months and look like 9 its hard to hear everyday oh u look like ur about to pop
  • Lol....im the same way I lost about 15lbs and my doctor asked am I on a diet!
  • i am almost 38 weeks and my doctor told me i am not as big as most people but not to worry about it i have an ultrasound today to see how much he weights
  • Don't feel bad when I was 6 months my friends told me that her belly was bigger than mine at 4 months....and I was just like ok O_o (she's bigger than me so I didn't pay her any attention). People are either gonna tell you that you're oh so huge or small, don't pay them any attention
  • I'm 30w measuring 30w but people still are not even sure if I'm pregnant!
  • I get the "your small for 7 months" but wth do they want from me? My dr says everything is fine so stfu about how big or small I am! I can't stand that, lol. Everybody's pregnancy is different and all babys do not grow the same.
  • Im 30 wks also and its the opposite for me... I get the "youve got a ways to go and you're huge" or "you look like ur about to pop!"...Ughhh its sooo annoying i finally started callin pple out tellin them at least i have an excuse! Lmao dumbass nosey people :-)) Don't worry bout it hun EVERY pregnancy is different!
  • Thats the next thing I was going to say.. I had ONE person ask me "soo... Are you having just one...? Or are there two?" After I told her I was 6.5m, so strangely enough, ive experienced both sides of this and both types of comments are super rude! Ignore um! Your hair would fall out before baby didnt get what it needed, trust me!
  • You can just smile and tell them it's less you'll have to lose after! I had that last time. I wore regular clothes my whole pregnancy and my daughter weighed 7lbs 6oz!

This time, I'm 24 weeks and already bigger than last time!
  • Im 30 weeks today also an Ive had both, my cousins gf even said "oh your gettin fat now" cheeky cows never had a baby so what would she know lol, im measuring a little smaller and havent gained much weight... As long as babas healthy people can make all the remarks they want... As @ethansmommy122 said at least we have an excuse :p
  • @lilbun915 I get the twins question ALLLL the time!!! And when I say no its just one they ask if I'm sure!! WTF pple?!?! That is seriously ignorant and rude as hell!! @lyndsay1983 That's right! :D
  • Hmmm people are very ignorant!! I got the is it twins thing for a while and the upsetting part was that this pregnancy was twins but we lost one baby very early, im ok with it now but got sick of people asking me so I just smile and walk away... Its either that or a swift throat punch lol
  • Relatives and friends tell me the same thing, that it doesn't look like I'm pregnant. It doesn't bother me much though, I like the attention like the previous ladies mention, it means just less weight lose in the end. :)
  • I read a really awesome article about what should be considered inappropriate to say to a pregnant woman, AND how to respond if you are the woman who is dealing with the comments - of course I can't find it now, I think it was baby center? - but there was lots of good points about how truly inappropriate these comments are! Although babies are a blessing and most women do love the attention, it is usually safer to assume that you should not say ANYTHING unless the pregnant woman has already paved the way.. I mean if you think about it, commenting on a womans pregnant belly/body is kind of (i stress, kind of) comparable to commenting on her boobs.. what if someone was like "WHOA your boobs are HUGE! Are you sure theyre real?!" you'd be like.. UHM excuse me?! or even worse "Wow, your boobs are tiny.. you hardly look like a woman" however, If I was the type of girl that constantly talked about my huge boobs - it might be more acceptable for someone else to chime in (and even that is debatable) ya know?

SIDE NOTE. I love how ALLLL our lives we obsess over losing weight and keeping a fit and trim figure and then we get pregnant and people are telling us were not big enough!!? My boss - who is a man (with six kids) once said to me "You know, it doesnt get easier when the baby gets here!" uhhh I'm sure it didn't get easier for you, dude! You did your thing and waited nine breezy months THEN you started losing sleep and getting fat! haha
  • So very very true
  • I've been told by everyone im small for however far along and then my boss looks at me today and says "yea, you're gonna be huge!" And the other day she asked me if I have any stretch marks and told me that smaller ppl get stretch marks worse..she's so damn passive aggressive its drives me crazy. Recently I've been getting "u look like your about to pop" only when im in my work clothes cuz I had to get men's shirts to fit since my size smalls are too short so now I just look fat w a beer gut! Ppl are so effn stupid..I've been getting dumb comments my entire pregnancy..forget them. Btw, im 30 weeks too!
  • Im small for 34 weeks but everything is goin good. And even tho I might look small I feel huge. I want to stay small less chance of stretch marks n ill go back to my pre pregnancy body faster hopefully
  • I like that response! @oregonmama :ar!