Ovulation Kits whos tried????

I want to get an ovulation kit bc I am on clomid, & I think I ovulate early or late. Has anyone used a kit & have had luck! What brand is best (hopefully not too expensive)

Comments

• I used the answer brand I got from walmart. 20 test strips, really easy. Helped me pin down my o dates best. I got pg with the first set of 20 tests.
  • I used the cheap rite aid ovulation kits with my 1st when I was on clomid.... I hate to say it but I wouldn't waste your money... I ended up getting pregnant the month I DIDN'T use the kit... seemed like I was so stressed about getting pregnant that everytime I got a positive on the ovulation test I wouldn't ovulate afterwards. Its really better to stay on the clomid and even though its tough to stay calm. I finally got preg. After 5 rounds of clomid. It will happen for you sweetie!
  • I don't remember the kind-hubby got it but nothing ever happened using them.

My sil started clomid in November or December and will be 10 weeks tomorrow.
  • I went all out and bought the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. For my daughter, I used it for 5 months before I got a BFP, but I also had some fertility issues that were being corrected when I started using it. With this pregnancy, I used it for 2 months before I got a BFP. My fertility issues were corrected before I conceived my daughter, so I think that's why it worked so quickly this time. Best of luck!

This is the site I ordered it from and the kit I bought.
    http://thefertilityshop.com/fertility/clearblue-easy-fertility-monitor-value-p-41.html
  • We used them and I found it helpful since my ovulation varied by a few days month to month.

You might want to check if any fertility drugs interfere with results. I know they can with pregnancy tests.
  • I ordered clear blue digital online at amazon. Has 20 tests. I haven't used that one but my sil have me 2 7 packs that she no longer needs they didn't work for me. But I definately could have used it at the wrong time. I'm debating whether or not I'm going to try this month with the others. But I've heard not to tell your spouse when /if your ovulating! We did sex every other day if april/june and got pregnant, but then miscarried. But thats my advice sex every other day! Gets annoying if you ask me lol.
  • I use the strips and they work great for me since I am all over the place! Very cheap (got them off Amazon)

Good luck! Hope we get our bfp's soon!!
  • If you're on Clomid your doctor should be monitoring you and telling you when you're ovulating. They need to do ultrasounds to make sure the egg is there and that they're the right size and mature enough. I had ultrasounds everyday for 3 days and my doctor told me down to the minute what time to have sex. Don't rely on over the counter ovulation kits... you need to see your doctor.
  • i ordered ovulation tests online... i used wondfo. they were actually cheap.
  • .. I tried since my period is so irregular, I just did the strips. It didn't really work for me. We just did it twice a week and elevated my hips afterwards.
  • @all Thank you so much for all the advice! This is the 2nd time in clomid first round 100mg, the first time I did two rounds but my system started acting crazy again so now we're straightened out, ding ding round 2 lets get two fetilized healthy eggs!!!!!!!!!
    @mrsrocketfield1221 I pray for you,me, & all our ttc mamas everyday! So I hope soon we get to post ours!
    @1_mama_squared he doesn't monitor ovulation. He has done several ultrasounds. My eggs look good & normal size for someone w/ PCOS. I go on the 25th for blood work to check my progesterone levels! I hope & pray they are great numbers!
  • @Prayin_4_twins I used dollar store ovulation tets. Just like the pregnancy tests, they worked perfect for me. I would have spent a fortune any other way...we ttc for 24months. Good luck to you. I have been following your story and I feel your pain! I was there. It will happen for you and 2yrs ttc wont seem that long anymore!
  • Wondering if I'll need help... I've been dragging my feet when it comes to my insurance... lots of prayers to u & pregly ttc-ers here with me! Thanks for your... I know we all need it!! :)
  • Wondering if I'll need help... I've been dragging my feet when it comes to my insurance... lots of prayers to u & pregly ttc-ers here with me! Thanks for your... I know we all need it!! :)
  • My best friend used one from Target. Originally after she had a mc to not get preggo, but when she got the ok from her dr, she used to it to conceive. 3 months later she was preg again. Her son will be 2 in Dec. Good luck hon... Lots and lots of baby dust! %%-
  • I went through amazon and used wondofo and preseed. I did get pregnant unfortunately I miscarried. That was the first time of using both.
  • Keep us updated when you go for bloodwork!! I'll be thinking of you ;-)
    I used a generic brand from Walgreens, probably like $15 for a month supply. Just make sure to get a kit with 20 test strips and not 7! I ovulate late so that's why I used them. I was also on Clomid for low progesterone and got preggers the first month ;-)
    Keep your chin up girl....your times coming!
    @1_mama_squared My doc never did any ultrasounds or any of that when I was on clomid :-?
  • @all Thank you!!!!!!
    @new_baby_in_oct :) I feel much better since we got news @the dr. & now I'm on the clomid........just praying all goes as planned! Hope you are doing well!
    @mrsrocketfield1221 Hun don't wait too long, I put off going to the dr bc I was terrified of what they would tell me, but I just made it harder on myself :( but God is helping me see the light & he's helping me work through it :-D
    @baileygoose CONGRATS!!! I will need to try that. And im on 100mg this round so i hope this works :-D Thank-you for the advice & prayers!
  • I bought the ones in a pink box...its sad that I can't remember the name but regardless, we only tried for that one month and I didn't get pregnant. So we decided we didn't really want kids anyway and stopped trying completely. 3 months later, SURPRISE lol.

I wouldn't waste my money babydoll, just quit stressing and thinking about getting pregnant...and enjoy all that carefree sex \:D/
  • I would go tm if I could... this week I MUST hand in my insurance paperwork to see if its worth it through work. I've heard the insurance sucks so I'm not sure what I'll do if that's true bc we can't afford other insurance or dr visits for those kinds of things! Ahhh

How are u feeling about it all today?!?! :)
  • I used tons of ovulation tests and I didn't find any I liked, I ended up buying a clearblue easy fertility monitor and I loved it!! It was so easy and i got pregnant the second month using it! So worth the money compared to regular ovulation tests!
  • Ive been using opk test strips for the last few months and nothing yet. I guess they can b pos but then for some reason u dont really ovulate. Ive heard lots of good stories about em tho so always worth a try. I got a whole bunch of em at amazon.com for super cheap.